A couple of things

This forum is for member store related discussion. You can ask questions, report bugs, make suggestions, view tips, tricks & instructions & more.
just bob

A couple of things

Post by just bob »

I just went through a huge hassle on eBay about shipping addresses. Their policy is that the item MUST be shipped to the address the buyer has on file and if that is not the case then the transaction is not covered by their protection policy. In my case the buyer had moved to another state and was an infrequent buyer so didn't take the time to update their shipping address info before a purchase from me. They pleaded with me to send the item to their new address. I contacted eBay and was bounced from person to person and explained the situation. Finally, I spoke with a supervisor, and they said it was the 100% responsibility of the buyer to maintain accurate shipping information and if they had moved then it was 100% their responsibility to fill out accurate mail forwarding information with the postal service BUT in no event should I ship the item to another shipping address or else the item would not be covered by the eBay protection plan. I contacted the buyer and told them what I had found out and shipped the item to the address they had on file with signature confirmation required. It went through and in the end went to the new address in another state. I assume they filled out the mail forwarding paperwork. It was a $600 item, and I was sweating things. In the end I got glowing feedback for my attention to detail. So, what is the AAPK policy and shipping. Is it the address on file or can that be changed by email or in writing? Then a suggestion is it would be great to have a small box included on the screen where you post the tracking information to send to the buyer. An optional message to the buyer box. You could thank them for their purchase or tell them there was unseasonal weather in your area and things might be delayed a bit for example. Today I noticed a typo on the address the buyer has on file and wanted to alert them to that. Could a box be added there? Thank you, Bryan, for the dedication you put in to keep things running smoothly on here. Your efforts don't go unnoticed.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: A couple of things

Post by Bryan »

Hi Bob,

On AAPK, these matters are dictated by the payment processor. If you have received a payment via PayPal for example, it is their policies that are in force. The ship to address provided by a buyer is collected & verified by PayPal & you should have no issues with the seller protections. If any buyer asks you to ship to different address than they provided, you should give them a hard no unless you know & trust them.

I can look into adding a way to attach a note when you enter tracking. I have a descent size backlog at the moment, however, & this will likely be a lower priority issue, so it may be a bit. In the mean time, you may need to send email to the buyer manually or through a contact form on AAPK if you want to convey a message.

Hope this helps & thanks for the kind words ::tu::

Best,
Bryan

Return to “AAPK Member Store Forums”