Minimum Advertised Price

This forum is for member store related discussion. You can ask questions, report bugs, make suggestions, view tips, tricks & instructions & more.
hamiipb

Minimum Advertised Price

Post by hamiipb »

Im new to selling new knives and some of the ones I got have a Minimum Advertised Price. My question is if I have a knife listed above the MAP can I use the sale function in the store to go lower than that or is that considered an advertised price?
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Minimum Advertised Price

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I think you’ll have to ask whoever imposed that MAP on you. If you’re openly offering a “sale” below the MAP that seems to me the same as advertising it. What is your relationship to the brand/supplier? What recourse does the maker have over you? If you’re an authorized dealer for that brand you’ll need to ask them. On the other hand if you acquired them from other than the brand or wholesaler and are now selling them “second hand” even though technically they’re “new”, I’d say you’re free to do as you please. JMO ::shrug::

It comes down to what your relationship is and what the consequences of advertising a lower than authorized price might be. I may be wrong but that’s how I see it.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
hamiipb

Re: Minimum Advertised Price

Post by hamiipb »

I am selling Case knives from a wholesaler and I can't find their policy anywhere.

Return to “AAPK Member Store Forums”