Question About Search

This forum is for member store related discussion. You can ask questions, report bugs, make suggestions, view tips, tricks & instructions & more.
just bob

Question About Search

Post by just bob »

THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT AT ALL. When you go to the forums page and enter Zippo into the search bar only a few items come up. When you go to the non knife related category and enter Zippo in the search bar even fewer items come up. This is strange because when I was doing some random looking in stores I see there are Zippo's for sale here in different stores and several have sold in completed items. Why aren't they coming up when you search? Thank you Bryan for all of your efforts in continually improving this process.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Question About Search

Post by 1967redrider »

Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
just bob

Post by just bob »

1967redrider wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:31 pm Are you searching the forum or the stores for "Zippo?" Including some screenshots for my technique and results, hope this helps.

John

Had you taken time to read the OP you could answer that question for yourself. "When you go to the non knife related category and enter Zippo in the search bar even fewer items come up." That is clearly stated in the OP. You can only reach the non knife related category search bar from the stores search bar and not through the forums. I have been on AAPK since 2011. I run an AAPK store and I think I know where the search bars are located as I use them often. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

just bob wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:00 pm
1967redrider wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:31 pm Are you searching the forum or the stores for "Zippo?" Including some screenshots for my technique and results, hope this helps.

John

Had you taken time to read the OP you could answer that question for yourself. "When you go to the non knife related category and enter Zippo in the search bar even fewer items come up." That is clearly stated in the OP. You can only reach the non knife related category search bar from the stores search bar and not through the forums. I have been on AAPK since 2011. I run an AAPK store and I think I know where the search bars are located as I use them often. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Sorry! Just trying to be helpful and I didn't know you had a store nor did I know about this "non-knife related" category.

Guess you don't have to worry about me buying from you. ::mdm::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

just bob wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:30 pm THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT AT ALL. When you go to the forums page and enter Zippo into the search bar only a few items come up. When you go to the non knife related category and enter Zippo in the search bar even fewer items come up. This is strange because when I was doing some random looking in stores I see there are Zippo's for sale here in different stores and several have sold in completed items. Why aren't they coming up when you search? Thank you Bryan for all of your efforts in continually improving this process.
Looks like the only Zippo items showing in search are in a knife related category ie... the zippo with Case logo in "other knife related items".

Looks like I'll have to investigate and fix the search feature when looking for zippo & other terms in "non knife related" category. There definitely should be some that display.

I'll try to get to that early this week.
Bryan
just bob

Post by just bob »

Thank you Bryan. I kind of just stumbled onto this when I got an email from the owner of the Nutmeg State Knives store saying he had new knives for sell. When I looked I saw he also had some Zippo's for sale that didn't come up in my recent searches. Then I noticed there were others for sale that didn't come up either.

Return to “AAPK Member Store Forums”