Listings of unavailable stock.

This forum is for member store related discussion. You can ask questions, report bugs, make suggestions, view tips, tricks & instructions & more.
Robbie K

Listings of unavailable stock.

Post by Robbie K »

Good morning.... browsing the list of Camillus knives, I was amazed and frustrated by the number of entries marked SOLD OUT. Out of a total of 18 page entries, containing a total of 578 items, I counted 446 of these were listed as " sold out". Surely if an item is not a available, would it not be a good idea to remove it from the page? Personally, I find this present practice most annoying, in that one dealer can tie up 13 pages of non available product. Your thoughts, please.,
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Listings of unavailable stock.

Post by edge213 »

Robbie K wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:42 am Good morning.... browsing the list of Camillus knives, I was amazed and frustrated by the number of entries marked SOLD OUT. Out of a total of 18 page entries, containing a total of 578 items, I counted 446 of these were listed as " sold out". Surely if an item is not a available, would it not be a good idea to remove it from the page? Personally, I find this present practice most annoying, in that one dealer can tie up 13 pages of non available product. Your thoughts, please.,
I personally like to keep all the sold items listed. That way when we are searching for the "value" of a certain knife having these listed helps with knowing what some have sold for in the past.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Normally the items still available are on the first pages presented and once you get to the ones with the red "Sold Out" banner you're done shopping. Those listings that remain after the knife has sold do serve to allow potential buyers to have a better idea what to expect to pay for a particular knife like the one that has already been sold. I have scrolled through sold listings on numerous occasions for that very purpose and was glad the sold listings were still available for viewing.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

What Phil said. ⬆️
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

edge213 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:47 am
Robbie K wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:42 am Good morning.... browsing the list of Camillus knives, I was amazed and frustrated by the number of entries marked SOLD OUT. Out of a total of 18 page entries, containing a total of 578 items, I counted 446 of these were listed as " sold out". Surely if an item is not a available, would it not be a good idea to remove it from the page? Personally, I find this present practice most annoying, in that one dealer can tie up 13 pages of non available product. Your thoughts, please.,
I personally like to keep all the sold items listed. That way when we are searching for the "value" of a certain knife having these listed helps with knowing what some have sold for in the past.
I pretty much agree with Robbie. It is disheartening to find exactly what you are looking for and then discover that it sold (many) years ago.
Rooster
Rooster
This one, for example has been listed ever since I joined the forum, back in 2012.

On the other hand, there is an option to not see the completed sales. It just took a while for me to figure that out. I think seeing knives that are actually for sale should be the default setting for the AAPK stores instead of having it the way it is now with the default being to see both items for sale and sold items.
Mel

Return to “AAPK Member Store Forums”