Henckels International pocket knives

For Collectors & Users of Henckels Brand Knives
willmckee

Henckels International pocket knives

Post by willmckee »

I won a large - 3.75" - henckels international copper head, brown handles, off ebay. got stuck a bit as the pictures were pretty bad and turned out the blades had been buffed to a high shine to hide/remove - unsuccessfully - pitting. the blade condition was odd considering the springs and scales on the inside are flawless. the blade etching had of course been almost totally removed as well.

I liked it in general so i kept it for a carry knife. I don't know how well it'll hold an edge but it sure took one easily enough. i have very few knives that i can get this sharp.

But my question is, what is a "henckels international", when were they made and by whom? i'm assuming these are later and even though marked "Germany" i'd bet that doesn't guarantee they're made there.

Roger
kootenay joe

Re: Henckels International pocket knives

Post by kootenay joe »

Henckels International products used to be made in Brazil and maybe still are.
kj
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

According to the "Mr. Google":

ZWILLING J.A. Henckels contains our premium cutlery lines, manufactured in Germany. All ZWILLING knives have a "TWIN" logo on the blade, two little stick figures. J.A. Henckels International contains our entry level cutlery lines. These are manufactured in Spain and Asia (depending on the specific product).
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

I have never seen a Henkels International folding knife, but the kitchen knives with that mark are pretty poor knives compared to Henkels Zwillingworks kitchen knives which are among the best available.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

At one time Henckels did have a manufacturing factory in Brazil for it's International line. Maybe this has now been moved to Spain ?
kj
willmckee

Post by willmckee »

this knife is extremely well fitted up, and like i said, i don't know how well it will hold an edge but it sure did take one easily. i haven't had easy access to a rockwell tester in a long time so i can't check that. i ran across it right as the auction was ending and it wasn't that expensive so i didn't take any time to research exactly what it was. luckily i like it.

Roger

Return to “Henckels”