MOP Henckels date range?

For Collectors & Users of Henckels Brand Knives
Landersknives

MOP Henckels date range?

Post by Landersknives »

I picked up this little Henckels. It has beautiful mother of pearl scales. Little gentleman’s knife with scissors, nail file and a main blade. Great snap. Just need a little help with the date range looks like two different stamps to me so I thought I would ask my knife family for help.
Attachments
8A8681FF-1DB8-4CA0-820D-13DA8B2B3B41.jpeg
DB36E6E1-1850-4C47-949A-F33DEA4C4E7E.jpeg
19B2F0AB-69D1-4AB2-ADE9-2C3ECB9FCBCB.jpeg
803781BF-F8AD-4D70-888D-5E09F9C3906C.jpeg
F4E0EC7E-DA8F-4DF5-9E5C-3031F498270D.jpeg
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: MOP Henckels date range?

Post by btrwtr »

Wish I could give a decent answer to this. KJ might have some insight. Knives stamped on more than one blade tend to often be older. With U.S. made knives they are often pre WWII.

Most often we date knives by known tang stamps. Sometimes a knife can be dated by pattern, material, or construction. I don't see anything about your knife that would narrow down the time frame with any significance. My opinion would be that I have no idea but that the quality of Henckels knives is tops IMO and that's a fine looking little pearl regardless of when it was made.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Landersknives

Post by Landersknives »

btrwtr wrote:Wish I could give a decent answer to this. KJ might have some insight. Knives stamped on more than one blade tend to often be older. With U.S. made knives they are often pre WWII.

Most often we date knives by known tang stamps. Sometimes a knife can be dated by pattern, material, or construction. I don't see anything about your knife that would narrow down the time frame with any significance. My opinion would be that I have no idea but that the quality of Henckels knives is tops IMO and that's a fine looking little pearl regardless of when it was made.
Thanks Wayne. I appreciate your comments.
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

It is a Henckels' pattern. Henckels began contracting out all of their folding knives in 1960. The early contract knives were of Henckels patterns and might even have original Henckels parts. Later on the Henckels branded folding knives became the same pattern as those of the manufacturer (Boker ??).
O.P. knife likely is a Henckels made, pre 1960 knife, but it could be an early contract knife made in 1960's.
kj

Return to “Henckels”