J A Henckels SAK

For Collectors & Users of Henckels Brand Knives
sakoblade

J A Henckels SAK

Post by sakoblade »

Hi all!

Was´t sure if I was going to post it here or over in the VIC thread or perhaps the Euro thread but opted for here.

Newbie here with an older SAK from J A Henckels, which perhaps would mean it´s a GAK since Henckels is a German company?

Nevertheless, got this in a large lot yesterday and got around to rummage through them today.

At first it looked like any generic SAK but has faded black scales and one blade is marked J A Henckels.
What is strange looking to me is that the can opener seems to be a really old one, or am I totally wrong?
The corkscrew is also an older version so...?

Anyway, will clean it up and try to sharpen it as good as I can even though it has a dent on the large blade. It also has a cracked scale but hey, it´s a working knife! :mrgreen:

Anyone seen a similar one? I googled but couldn´t find any.

Jim
FullSizeRender 69.jpg
FullSizeRender 66.jpg
FullSizeRender 65.jpg
#goldpan

Re: J A Henckels SAK

Post by #goldpan »

Nice old knife you have there ::tu:: Should clean up real well. Can't wait to see how it cleans up!
sakoblade

Post by sakoblade »

goldpan, thanks a lot! I hope to find some time for cleaning it next week.

Until then!

Cheers!

Jim
Pile Driver

Post by Pile Driver »

I believe the tool in question with the thumb stud is a pocket watch or anyway watch case opener for that matter. I have the same knife. Does yours say Friodur?
Attachments
20160326_204104_resized.png
20160419_201924.jpg
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Case called that blade a "Utility Blade", but supposedly it's intended as a can opener, albeit an early one intended only for use on tin cans. I have a large MS Ltd. (Case) Canadian Navy Knife that has that blade, and I primarily use it for boring holes in wood and plastic.

Return to “Henckels”