Champagne Pattern knife

For Collectors & Users of Henckels Brand Knives
kootenay joe

Champagne Pattern knife

Post by kootenay joe »

Here is a nice example of an older Henckels made knife; 3 1/8" with 2 cutting blades, a serrated wire cutter blade and a corkscrew on the back.
Note the sunken joints and hard to see but the edge of the wire cutter(for Champagne cork wire) has fine 'serrations' going across the edge as opposed to a smooth edge.
According to Levine the Champagne wire cutter blade was dropped in favor of a crown cap lifter in the mid 1920's. Further more the wire cutter blades with 'serrations' are the older style, no serrations being 'newer' but older than ~ 1925.
The Stag handles have a look typical of the Stag Henckels used. This can be helpful when trying to determine if a knife was Henckels made, meaning knives much more recent than this one which likely is from early 1900's.
Blade action is as smooth and crisp as ever, ready to go for the next hundred years.
I have not seen any faking of old Henckels knives and never-used examples are rare except for the Gent's type knives. But still i do like old knives like this one that obviously have not been cleaned or buffed. They are so much easier to 'read' than the buffed ones.
kj
Attachments
Picture 037.jpg
Picture 040.jpg
Picture 039.jpg
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Champagne Pattern knife

Post by Miller Bro's »

Beautiful knife Roland ::tu::

I too like them in untouched condition ::nod::