My one and only Henckel... Pearl

For Collectors & Users of Henckels Brand Knives
CheckSix

My one and only Henckel... Pearl

Post by CheckSix »

Stick figure Twins, J.A. Henckel over Solingen on the master and the two smaller blade tangs... Length is 3-7/16". I'm trying to date it and from what I see on the tang stamps, this one is anywhere from around 1900 - 1960-ish. Anyone able to tell me what model this is? and a closer date of mfg;er?
Attachments
DSC_8474X.JPG
DSC_8475X.JPG
DSC_8476X.JPG
DSC_8479X.JPG
DSC_8480X.JPG
Dave - the new guy. :lol:
NRA Life/Endowment
Beechtree

Re: My one and only Henckel... Pearl

Post by Beechtree »

It is a sleeve board whittler with a federal shield. A very nice pattern and always pretty in MOP. Obviously is is a well used knife, but a good one none the less. Sorry, I can't help with narrowing the date range.
"A tool is but an extension of a man's hand." -Henry Ward Beecher
CheckSix

Post by CheckSix »

Beechtree wrote:It is a sleeve board whittler with a federal shield. A very nice pattern and always pretty in MOP. Obviously is is a well used knife, but a good one none the less. Sorry, I can't help with narrowing the date range.
Thank you! Now I know the pattern. Maybe someone will know when they were making these.
NRA Life/Endowment
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Dave, it is an 'Old One', made by Henckels so earlier than 1960. If you look at the thickness of the master blade spine i think you will see it is thicker than the stock usually seen. That pretty well confirms it as a Henckels made knife, not a contract knife.
Henckels did not make changes to their patterns. A knife made in 1910 is identical to the same knife made in say 1950. As such they are hard to date.
Some people see enough differences in the Twins logo over time that they use the tang stamping to date. I cannot reliably see these slight differences in the logo stampings.
You NEED a better example of a Henckels made knife !
kj
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Nice honest old knife with lots of character, Dave. Properly shaped nails were not high in the previous owners ideals.
The 3rd blade seems to have worked just fine. I like his attitude.
Joe
CheckSix

Post by CheckSix »

I just now saw that you guys responded to this thread! I appreciate it! I had overlooked it for a while. kj, it is an incredibly modified old Henckels made knife then. FRJ, you are absolutely right! and funny! ::tu::
NRA Life/Endowment

Return to “Henckels”