Superb Pearl Whittler

J.A. Henckels is a Solingen, Germany based knife manufacturer that dates back to 1731. The company's Zwilling (twin) logo is known to be one of the oldest trademarks in the world. Throughout the company's history, it has made some of the world's finest pocket knives, kitchen knives, scissors & flatwear. In 1960 Henckels ceased their pocket knife production and started having other companies make knives for them on contract. Boker has been one of the main producers of more recent Henckels products.
kootenay joe

Superb Pearl Whittler

Postby kootenay joe » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:53 pm

I just received this 3 5/8" Equal End whittler, pearl, absolutely mint & Henckels made.
It's a pretty knife in pictures but in hand something 'more' comes through. This one of the very finest knives i have ever handled.
From ebay, seller is one of the most experienced knife collector/dealers in USA but is i believe prone to exaggerating age. He dates this knife as pre 1890, most likely circa 1880.
Some collectors say they can see differences in the Henckels Twins logo depending on age of knife. I cannot see the difference, the twins logos all look the same to me.
Please post if you have any input as to age.
thanks, kj
Attachments
Picture 013.jpg
Picture 014.jpg
Picture 015.jpg
Picture 016.jpg
Picture 017.jpg
Picture 018.jpg

Return to “Henckels Knife Forum”