My Grail Knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
dweb1897

My Grail Knife

Post by dweb1897 »

Schrade 75th Anniversary knife, fully file worked by Herman Williams. You can bet this one put a smile on my face ::ds::
75th-1.jpg
75th-2.jpg
75th-3.jpg
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
gwelker62

Re: My Grail Knife

Post by gwelker62 »

That is one fine knife. I've seen one or two on some other sites. Prices they asking make it too rich for me. ::nod::
ludwig26

Post by ludwig26 »

That is gorgeous, I'm gonna have to have a piece of his work.
Kerry
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

There is one on Etsy that claims to be a one off museum piece. He's asking close to 4 figures for his. Doesn't look to have the jimping and other file work done on the liners like yours.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/497167383/ ... den-custom
Attachments
il_fullxfull.1100175390_btwl.jpg
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

gwelker62 wrote:There is one on Etsy that claims to be a one off museum piece. He's asking close to 5 figures for his. Doesn't look to have the jimping and other file work done on the liners like yours.

It says $995.
Roger
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

peanut740 wrote:
gwelker62 wrote:There is one on Etsy that claims to be a one off museum piece. He's asking close to 5 figures for his. Doesn't look to have the jimping and other file work done on the liners like yours.

It says $995.
woops... typo. ::doh::

Edited for accuracy. :oops:
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

peanut740 wrote:It says $995.
...he says like it's not even a consideration.::rotflol::

That Maher & Grosh business must be good. :mrgreen: ::tu:: ::handshake::
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Tsar Bomba wrote:
peanut740 wrote:It says $995.
...he says like it's not even a consideration.::rotflol::
K
That Maher & Grosh business must be good. :mrgreen: ::tu:: ::handshake::
Not that good! $995 is still way high in my opinion. :shock:
Roger
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

Schrade made 2 versions of the 75th Anniversary knife...the $100 model...delrin handles, engraved blade and nickel silver bolsters and sterling shield... and the $1000 version. Now I'm not saying that they sold for $1000 but that is the way they were advertised. Solid sterling silver bolsters, liners and shields, etched blade with Shaw-Leibowitz gold overlay and file work on the blade by Herman. I sent him the above knife and he disassembled it and file worked both sides of the back spring and the liners. The pile side of the tang has H. Williams 2017 engraved on it, the mark side liner has Customized By and the pile side liner has H. Williams 2017. Herman used to do this to the 75th Anniversary knives, along with other models, and award them to whoever had the Best Schrade Collection at various knife shows back when he worked for Schrade. I have a Schrade Bowie that he presented for Best Schrade Collection at a show back in the 80's that holds pride of place, along with the 75th, in my collection.
The Anniversary knives mentioned above were probably prototypes in the processes of determining just how the finished knife was going to look. The knife with the checkered bolsters has scroll work on the pile side while the other knife has no shields and plain bolsters.
I've watched for one of the $1000 knives for a long time and finally picked this one up on ebay for $281. It just takes patience.
75th and Bowie.JPG
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

ludwig26 wrote:That is gorgeous, I'm gonna have to have a piece of his work.
Kerry
Kerry, Herman has knives for sale on Ebay and goes by the handle electra_225
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

That's a really fantastic piece dweb ::tu::
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Stunning piece, congratulations on obtaining your Grail Knife! OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

Just noticed this seller on Etsy has another 'one-of-a-kind' 75th An knife. It doesn't have the artwork on the bolster and no shield.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/483675602/ ... den-custom
il_fullxfull.1100182546_sbiv.jpg
I still like dweb's much better though with all the file work done, even if it is a 'production' model.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”