What color description on this knife

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Oldredbone67

What color description on this knife

Post by Oldredbone67 »

Can someone "she'd some light" as to the color of the bottom knife in the pic. I am pretty sure the top knife is an autumn peach seed, the middle knife is a chestnut, but I am not sure of the bottom knife. Maybe a molasses peach seed ? The knife is 1987 manufacture. The shield is what caught my eye at a recent knife show.
Thanks
Attachments
Trapper 1987
Trapper 1987
Trapper 1987
Trapper 1987
Bamarick

Re: What color description on this knife

Post by Bamarick »

You are correct on the first two knives, Autumn Bone on the first one and Chestnut on the second one. The third one is typical of the 1980's production. I'd say the front side is a version of Chestnut and the back side is the brownish bone produced during that time. The shield is unique in that is was used on 1987 production and a few made it over into 1988. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Ricky
Oldredbone67

Post by Oldredbone67 »

I am posting some clearer pics , if possible. Thanks Ricky, for the update and info
Attachments
Trapper colors
Trapper colors
Trapper Chestnut?
Trapper Chestnut?
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I think you're probably right on the colors. But that isn't what is known as peach seed bone.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Oldredbone67

Post by Oldredbone67 »

You are right, I believe it is a Roger's jagged bone.
Oldredbone67

Post by Oldredbone67 »

Roger's jigged brown bone
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Don't know the color description but I love it. I want one!

Bob

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”