I got a kick out of this

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
KnifeSlinger#81

I got a kick out of this

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

If this was about $10 or less instead of $52 I would surely buy it :lol:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/77733212/o ... _active_21
Attachments
image.jpeg
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: I got a kick out of this

Post by jerryd6818 »

Or you could just use it as your avatar. ::nod::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

You can get those made for $5 or less ::nod::
AAPK Janitor
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I saw a vanity license plate once that said pretty much the same thing, but I cannot recall how it went. "IBYKNVS", I believe.

I was in the parking lot of a knife show, so I did not have to tax my mind very much to figure it out.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

I've stumbled across some real useful stuff and real interesting stuff on Etsy and the #1 thing that has prevented me from making most of the purchases has been the price, usually vastly overinflated and hopeful. Unlike even the notorious fleabay itself, market forces don't work on Etsy stores in the slightest because there's nothing to clue a seller into the fact that prices are too "optimistic" like, say, ten straight relistings of a 10 day auction that fail to sell even when you've so generously cut $5 off the 75%-too-high price... ::facepalm:: Eventually when an item fails to sell after a year or so, they may clue in, but by then I've moved on in my interests and they don't see a dime from me. :lol:

Maybe Etsy should put in a monthly nagging system for items that aren't moving and are priced high for the category, something along those lines... ::shrug::

That being said, I've found some excellent items at reasonable prices in Etsy stores including a deep-carry clip for my Leek and the twin to my PM2 deep-carry clip in TI for under $25 each.

I think there's a messaging system if a shop owner keeps it enabled, maybe you can try to reason with the seller. Barring that, get a new one made, better than the original. Maybe a comically large (6+" diameter) version.
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

There's is a seller on etsy, "abalonescaleknives" I believe that has prices as ridiculous as our favorite ebay seller ditwit texas. The problem with etsy is that nobody really ever posts knives, every time I look it's all the same stuff that has been around for months. I did find my beloved robeson pocketeze jack from etsy though, for forty bucks.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”