Tilden Bowen

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
FRJ

Tilden Bowen

Post by FRJ »

Does any one know of Tilden Bowen, knife maker?
My old buddy who passed away some years ago had a sheath knife with this name on it.
My other pal is wanting to sell it for our friends wife and wanted info on the maker.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Joe
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Tilden Bowen

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Joe, I never heard of him myself but I put Tilden Bowen in a Google search and found some stuff on Blade forums and a couple of other places. From what I see Tilden and his brother James were custom makers from West Virginia as recent as early 1990's. Tilden is apparently now deceased. Don't seem to be real expensive knives but opinions offered that they were well made.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Thanks, Ken. My friend peeked in there too. Nice of you to take the time to look.
Joe
mpark65

Post by mpark65 »

Sadly Tilden "Tilt" Bowen passed away several years ago. His son, Jim, was also a knife maker but he ceased production as well. I lived within a few miles of these gentlemen in eastern, WV and was privileged to see their craftsmanship in action several times. I still have two of Jim's knives in my collection. The last I heard, Jim was living in the Moorefield, WV area.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Thank you, sir, and welcome to the forum.
Joe

Return to “General Knife Discussion”