SCHRADE WALDEN NY

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Hak1911

SCHRADE WALDEN NY

Post by Hak1911 »

Found a odd one .....
SCHRADE
WALDEN
NY

Hawkbill
With a ring grove Bolster
it has 1/2 stops also!!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Looking for a user Schrade CutCo 8813 ......
ea42

Re: SCHRADE WALDEN NY

Post by ea42 »

Hak, the rat tail bolsters were a holdover from Schrade Cut. Co.. Schrade-Walden carried over many of the patterns from Cut. Co for several years before they started making changes. Nice example!

Eric
wlf

Post by wlf »

Bail and all. I like the curved blades Hak.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
Hak1911

Post by Hak1911 »

Me Do Too
Looking for a user Schrade CutCo 8813 ......
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

We call them "hawkbills" in my parts. I have quite a few, but mine are Kutmaster and Boker, which along with Camillus was frequently issued to coal miners, and thus pretty easy to get locally used, but often in not too great of shape, as often, the tip's wore off from skinning cable, and all of mine are to some degree. Schrade called it either a linesman's knife or pruner, depending on length.

Very nice looking knife! The cocobolo handles sure are purty! I've wanted one, but this is one of the pricier hawkbills to collect
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Great looking Hawk Bill . ::tu::
Keep Near the Cross.

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”