case advertising knife

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
cato

case advertising knife

Post by cato »

picked up this 4318pu

have not seen many case advertising knives,
but has me confused a little, because of script on pile side..

is this a sample or proof as stated for their consideration
prior to purchasing a run

thanks cato
Attachments
IMG_1082.JPG
IMG_1083.JPG
IMG_1084.JPG
IMG_1085.JPG
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: case advertising knife

Post by gsmith7158 »

That's a pretty nice advertising knife. I would think that might be an initial run given to execs and employees. Customers would get the pen knives.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Wonderful knife. I would imagine the proof part would ever to a seed trial of some sort. It is not uncommon for seed and fertilize companies to give expensive gifts to the farmers involved in their projects.

That's a great find.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Great find! Wade is correct. It was probably an incentive or reward given to farmers for trying a new feed the company is introducing to the market. Here's an example https://www.purinamills.com/cattle-feed ... proof-pays

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Great find! Wade is correct. It was probably an incentive or reward given to farmers for trying a new feed the company is introducing to the market. Here's an example https://www.purinamills.com/cattle-feed ... proof-pays

Ken
Wow, ken that's some interesting info. I guess a nice knife would be a drop in the bucket if it led to the successful launch of a new seed strain or feed combo.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

gsmith7158 wrote:
Mumbleypeg wrote:Great find! Wade is correct. It was probably an incentive or reward given to farmers for trying a new feed the company is introducing to the market. Here's an example https://www.purinamills.com/cattle-feed ... proof-pays

Ken
Wow, ken that's some interesting info. I guess a nice knife would be a drop in the bucket if it led to the successful launch of a new seed strain or feed combo.
One of the grain companies gave one of the big grain farmers at my church a brand new Browning A5 all dressed up with their name and some engraving last year.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Nice knife! I have a Case Tested XX letter opener knife advertising Hanley Face Brick.The pattern is something I have never found listed in any Case book;a coffin handle with a spey blade and a spear(double edged)letter opener blade.
Attachments
CaseTestedLetterOpener1.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”