Knife Challange

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
keithlong

Knife Challange

Post by keithlong »

I have a knife challange for anyone wanting to make a knife. I have an old rail road spike that I want a knife made out off. I also have antler to provide for the handle. Anyone up for the challange? If so, please let me know. Thanks, Keith
KeithLLong

It does not cost any more to carry a sharp knife than it does to carry a dull knife
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Knife Challange

Post by terryl308 »

Keith, I can probably make you one but first I would need more info, like do you want a hidden tang, or a full tang, and what type of blade shape. But I need to tell you it won't be a very good using knife. railroad spikes are only made out of 1030 carbon steel (.30 percent carbon) It takes at least .7% to have a steel that will get hard enough to hold an edge. I have made a bunch of them but I just use the head of the spike for a handle and put a twist in it. I will include a photo of one I made serval years ago and I get $100 for one like it, If you want your antler on it , it would be another $50, that would include a sheath. You can contact me by email at terryl@daltontel.net
Attachments
rr knife 325 004.JPG
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”