WW2 KUTMASTER The "Bug" has bitten

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
hanfischer007

WW2 KUTMASTER The "Bug" has bitten

Post by hanfischer007 »

Well Guys.....hate to admit it....but Im off tilting at windmills again...as if I didn't need another hobby........I have been looking on the Internet for the past two Nites.....made my mind up....just gotta have.... US WW2 WWII Kutmaster Fighting Knife....there are a number on Ebay.....really high prices on the ones with Makers Name......so have hunted every website that I could find........Ive got couple bids in on one or two.......wait and see.........I didn't know if there was a "For Sale" page on this Forum......didnt spot it.............man can't have too many knives ya know... :(
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: WW2 KUTMASTER The "Bug" has bitten

Post by philco »

Here's a link to the Advertisements forum where members can post knives they have for sale.

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... m.php?f=31

Have you checked out the AAPK Stores ? Lots of good cutlery for sale there.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Exactly which model "fighting knife" are you referring to and why have you settled on KutMaster as the preferred maker?

Nothing wrong with KutMaster, they made fantastic cutlery.

Are you talking about an issued knife or an open market offering?

If an issued item, then they should be available from multiple manufacturers.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Good lucK! ::tu:: (not in a wisecracker way either)
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
hanfischer007

Post by hanfischer007 »

Thanks for the reply......I just "discovered" the ...Kutmaster...couple nights ago surfing the net......I guess my main reasons are I like the fact they are made from a cut down bayonet...and I like the rounded butt on it.....has a nice look.....want one really with the logo on the blade......hopefully heres a photo of one that a dealer has advertised......no name on the blade tho....he wants $125.00.....and if I just "Have" to have one with a logo.....Im looking a t possibly $50.00 more.......I have looked at dozens of websites.......with no luck other than Ebay. :( I don't know....we all get a wild hair every now and then and go tottering off into another collecting area......makes life fun.........I had never heard of the Kutmaster until the other nite.....and there are some really bad examples for sale......the Good ones with the Logo are up around $200.00.......but.......always something new to search for......I Really Appreciate any Help...Advice....etc.........and as for me wanting a "Kutmaster" exclusively......no....I just like the shape.....and as I said the fact they are supposedly made from cut down bayonets..........any advice is as I said Appreciated.........Danke......Hans Fischer
Attachments
kutmaster.jpg
kutmaster.jpg (8.06 KiB) Viewed 443 times
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

So, these were never U.S issue items.
Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
hanfischer007

Post by hanfischer007 »

HELP...OK...so in all my searches for a ..."Kutmaster Combat Knife"...I finally found one...but the handles look a bit rough...in fact one is cracked.....did a search online and there are a number of companies that offer.......Replacement bayonet handles.......is the Kutmaster a cut down Garand Bayonet.?......saw one ad at an Army Navy Supply that offered Garand replacement handles....for around $15.00.......just not sure if the Garand Repops would fit........whats the general opinion on that.?....again guys....Im just getting in on the ground floor of "knife collecting"....and I plan on trying to refinish this knife if and when I can get it.......wont know until maybe late saturday........all help..opinions....Appreciated.... :(
hanfischer007

Post by hanfischer007 »

GOT IT..!!!...well.won an auction at literally the last 4 seconds......KUTMASTER...that supposedly has a lot of "patina"....well used....but looks good...has name on blade....handles look ok but I think one might have a small crack.....I found a couple of sites on the net that sell Garand Grips...for around $12-$15 so that option is open......just received in the mail some polishing material along with polishing wheels for dremel tool.....it will be a "project"....but hopefully will turn out good........got it at a good price which helps......anyway......off tilting at windmills....ya gotta keep moving and having fun. :D
Attachments
JOES KNIFE.jpg
hanfischer007

Post by hanfischer007 »

Now....got to get to work and start cleaning on it when it arrives......ALSO.....does anyone have ideas about LEATHER SCABBARD..??....Preferably Brown Leather if possible......again.....any and all help Greatly Appreciated........Danke......Hans Fischer :D
hanfischer007

Garand cut down lugs..????

Post by hanfischer007 »

Garand Cut Down Bayonet Lug.Guard.?.......Hey Guys...thanks for your help and response re the KUTMASTER FIGHTING KNIFE........Im intrigued about the . cut down bayonet lug.....as I was looking at another ""Garand Fighting Knife" but it still had the hole on top to attach to rifle barrel.........Let me say I am a Total "Newbie" when it comes to knife collecting but I'm seriously interested.....I received my "Kutmaster Fighting Knife" in the mail today and its Better than Described..!!!....anyway.the guard has already been cut down.....I am not.... nor do I ....have a method of working on the bayonet lug....as to cutting and shaping..//..is there a "source" where I might obtain an already cut down Guard lug.?....lets say I pickup another Garand Fighting Knife that still has the original lug.....can they be swapped out easily.?.....if so this would open up quite a bit of opportunities for me as I don't do metal work.........so if there Is a source to obtain the already cut down bayonet guard.lugs.??..it would help......as always......your thoughts and suggestions are Greatly Appreciated.....Hans Fischer :D

Return to “General Knife Discussion”