Christmas 2015 Greetings, AAPK Members!

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
jonet143
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jonet143 »

Gosh, where does time go? Sometimes, it seems stuck and others, it just flies at warp speed. I think the warp speed is what it did (for me at least) for most of this year.

Hope all of you are well and healthy and happy and enjoying playing with your favorite knives. You probably noticed that Dale didn’t do a fall knife auction this year. We are thinking sometime after the first of the year. Hope that’s ok and you weren’t disappointed that the fall annual auction didn’t materialize. Not sure just how many auctions there are left – this year may be the last, but then, there could be one more after that. Don’t mean to leave ya’ll hanging, but as you know, it’s hard to let them go, but it is joyous, at the same time, because I know how much each of you enjoy having them. And, I thank you again for you past purchases. It has helped me financially, as well as emotionally. I know each knife is going to a good, loving home of people who knew Johnnie or know of him. That means a lot.

I’m doing well. Changed jobs this year, now doing work that I’ve done for many years - purchasing & inventory. Thought about moving to the Texas Coast earlier in the year. One of my nephews lives there and was seriously looking into purchasing an established plant nursery from the original owners who had decided to retire. He wanted me to help him run it since I know about purchasing, inventory, and plants. Unfortunately, things didn’t work out, but he’s hopeful that in the future he can own a plant nursery, rather than run a golf course.

Still working on my cooking skills. Johnnie did all the cooking and he tried to teach me, but I’ve never been interested in being in the kitchen – I’d rather be outside working in the yard. So, I’ve had to learn by the seat of my pants in order to feed myself and to eat healthy. I mostly cook soups, and am up to 3 different kinds. They are really good, tho :)

That’s all of my news, except to wish each of you a most Wonderful, Joyous Christmas with your Family & Friends and that 2016 will find you Healthy, Happy, and exploring Life.

Love to all –
Cerena Annettee Fain
johnnie f 1949

on the cutting edge is sometimes not the place to be.
please support our troops - past and present
if not a member...join the NKCA! they're on our side.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: Christmas 2015 Greetings, AAPK Members!

Post by Paladin »

Thank you for the up-date and am very glad that life seems to be treating you well.
My best wishes for a Merry Christmas and for a good year in 2016.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Merry Christmas to you as well. I wasn't blessed to know Johnny personally, but I have benefited from many of his old posts. Thank you for staying in touch with us.

Wade
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Merry Christmas Annettee. I'm glad to know you're doing OK. I still think of Johnnie often. He certainly made his mark here in this online community.

Phil
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Merry Christmas. I have one of the knives from the last auction, I enjoy it very much.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Hi Annettee,
I am glad you found a good place to post. There many of the guys who knew Johnnie who are still here and posting. Some have moved on from the forum and seem to have lost interest in knife collecting, a few have passed on, but there are hundreds of new guys who read Johnnies old posts and learned from them. Occasionally I have to answer a question for someone and explain to them why Johnnie can't answer them personally.

Johnnie's answers to knife questions are still answering questions about knives for another generation of knife collections. I am sure Johnnie would like that!

Have a Merry Christmas and happy New Year,
Dale

PS - I am looking forward to doing another auction of Johnnie's knives.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Knife Nut
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Knife Nut »

So nice to hear ftrom you Annettee. Glad you are doing well.
I treasure the knives I have won in the past years auctions.
Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Paul

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”