Kamp-King, Forest-Master, etc.

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
mtds

Kamp-King, Forest-Master, etc.

Post by mtds »

It has been some time since I've posted here. (I've been on a long, strange Victorinox trip. I think it all started with a change to my meds.) Anyway, I was poking around the 'Bay recently and ran across a Kamp King. I refined my search a little and there are a slew of them out there and I realized I don't know much about them. I used to keep a Kamp King or Forest-Master in my truck toolbox, but never thought it was good enough for my pocket. It would sure take an edge, though and seemed tough enough.

I tried searching here and couldn't seem to find the right thread to educate me. Anyone care to point me in the right direction or school me a little?

Here's a completely unrelated pic, 'cuz what good is a post without a pic?
Attachments
Case 64047 P 10 dot a.JPG
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Kamp-King, Forest-Master, etc.

Post by danno50 »

Don't really know anything about Kamp Kings etc. except they are a shell handled knife. If you search Kamp King on the main board index page, there are 14 pages of posts that come up with reference to Kamp King. Didn't see a specific thread on them, though.
I am posting to make a thumbs comment, nice knife, on your posted pic of the 10 dot Case. ::tu::
Dan
Dan
mtds

Post by mtds »

Just a follow-up. This site is great. I found a looooong thread titled "shell handled knives" and Orvet's outstanding tutorial "Anatomy of a Shell Handled Knife". Thanks to all the contributors, I am learning. Terrific group of forum-ers here.

And, in keeping with my policy of not posting without a pic, another picture of an unrelated knife that has passed through my hands at one time or another:
Attachments
Case (63)087 PE USA a.JPG
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Hey Jarhead. Read this thread for Kamp King info. (Imperial) -- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21559

And this one for Forest Master (Colonial) -- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42953&view=next
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
mtds

Post by mtds »

jerryd6818 wrote:Hey Jarhead. Read this thread for Kamp King info. (Imperial) -- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21559

And this one for Forest Master (Colonial) -- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42953&view=next
Thanks for the leads, jerry6818. I hadn't come across those and they are just what I'm looking for. Semper Fi!

And now the obligatory pic. An old 3-3/8" swell end Ulster jack. Ugly and old, but still walks 'n' talks... (My wife's description of me.)
Attachments
Ulster swell-end jack 01a.JPG
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I don't care what your wife says, I like it. And tell her Gunny says you don't have to take her shirt.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “General Knife Discussion”