Premier Announcement – KNIFE Magazine arriving in October

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
bwknife

Premier Announcement – KNIFE Magazine arriving in October

Post by bwknife »

To my fellow collectors, knifemakers, enthusiasts and folks that just love cutlery:

I am proud to announce that the premier issue of KNIFE Magazine will begin to arrive in mailboxes across the entire nation of cutlery at the end of this month. KNIFE Magazine is the evolution of the long-established periodical formally known as KNIFE WORLD. Through its decades of publication, KNIFE WORLD has consistently provided informative and educated coverage on the entire spectrum of cutlery, by an impressive range of top writers and journalists within the industry. KNIFE Magazine is a natural evolution of that successful format, but in a presentation unlike anything the world of cutlery has seen before.

Taken directly from the computer of KNIFE Magazine Owner, Editor and Writer Mark Zalesky:

KNIFE Magazine offers well balanced coverage of handmade and custom knives, antique and vintage knives, military knives, tactical, mid-tech and production knives and just about any other kind of knife you can imagine -- with some of the best writers in the business including Bernard Levine, Bruce Voyles, Steven Dick, B.R. Hughes, Abe Elias, Stephen Garger, and many more... including some rising stars.”

Unlike the previous newspaper format of KNIFE WORLD, KNIFE Magazine will be delivered in a 9.5" x 13" trim size, which translates to being 50% larger than a standard magazine. Printed in full color on high quality paper stock, KNIFE Magazine will be over 50 pages in length and will include a removable 19”x13” color knife poster each and every month.

Featured articles found within the pages of KNIFE Magazine Volume 1, No. 1 include:
• Steve Kelly of "SK Knives", a Montana based maker of high end tacticals, folder fittings for the industry, and other cool stuff (cover photo is a SK collaboration with Chad Nichols.)
• Resilience Forge -- a program that helps wounded veterans by teaching bladesmithing as a form of therapy
• The True Story of A.G. Hicks "Rifleman's Knives" - misidentified for almost 60 years!
• "Old Dogs" -- a look at some high-grade antique figural pocketknives
• Reviews of Ernie Emerson's "Patriot" folder and the Leatherman "Wave"
• An article on Old Masters vs. New Makers, in the world of handmade knives
• How to: Sharpen convex edges
...plus more!

AND our Regular Features will include:
• Artistry in Knives centerspread -- a NEW glossy, full color, removable 19” x 13” knife poster
• Whut Izzit -- Bernard Levine's column on antique knives – a KNIFE WORLD monthly since 1978!
• EdgeWi$e -- a NEW monthly look at current knife values (this month: Smith & Wesson 1st generation knives)
• Knifemakers Guild -- a NEW bimonthly report (next month: report from the American Bladesmith Society)
• A Sharper Future – NEW! - Knife Rights' report on active legislation and such
• Know Your Knife Laws – NEW! - AKTI's coverage of current state and local laws
• Bruce on the Loose -- Bruce Voyles' NEW monthly editorial
• Plus the largest Events Calendar in the industry, Club Corner and Classified ads (that start at just $10 per listing)
...plus more!

So, after reading through this EXTREMELY long post (which we sincerely appreciate), how does a knife enthusiast such as yourself obtain a copy of KNIFE Magazine?

KNIFE Magazine will be offered by subscription only, $29.95 per year U.S. (12 monthly issues). It's a big & beautiful specialty publication for dedicated knife enthusiasts. For more detailed information, please click the link below:

http://www.knifeworld.com/knifemagazine.html

PLEASE NOTE!!
• Regular subscribers to KNIFE WORLD, watch your mailboxes because the first issue of KNIFE Magazine will be there soon (with no change to your existing KNIFE WORLD subscription).
• NEW SUBSCRIBERS - The cutoff date to receive the premiere issue (as described above) is the morning of Thursday, October 8th.
• Again, KNIFE Magazine is available by SUBSCRIPTION ONLY -- you won't find KNIFE Magazine at the supermarket, this is a specialty publication created for dedicated knife enthusiasts.
Thank you again for taking the time to read through this entire post. As you can see, we are just a little excited by the new release of KNIFE Magazine. Enjoy!
Attachments
KNIFE Magazine.jpg
KNIFE Magazine.jpg (15.51 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
bwknife
knife7knut

Re: Premier Announcement – KNIFE Magazine arriving in Octobe

Post by knife7knut »

Would like to order it but I don't use credit cards(since 1992)or PayPal. Is there a way to mail a payment in such as postal money order?
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

knife7knut wrote:Would like to order it but I don't use credit cards(since 1992)or PayPal. Is there a way to mail a payment in such as postal money order?
And can you take a payment by PayPal?
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

So I'am dumb, is this in addition to Knife World or a Replacement?

Harold
bwknife

Post by bwknife »

Hi!
In terms of payment, I would recommend calling the office during the week to see exactly what options would be available. Mark and Kim are typically available 9 to 5.

The last issue of KNIFE WORLD has been published and written into the history books, so yes KNIFE Magazine does take its place. But wow, what a difference!

Thanks again for the questions! We hope you all enjoy it!
bwknife
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I don't think they take PayPal.
You can call them directly and ask them, 1-800-828-7751, I am sure they would take a check or money order.
I know I have renewed my Knife World subscription by check at the OKCA show.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
bwknife

Post by bwknife »

Thank you again for the questions!
In terms of subscription payment for KNIFE Magazine, I just received confirmation on the following:

- Personal checks or money orders can be sent by mail.
- Through the website or phone - Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- PayPal is not accepted at this time, however if there is enough demand this will definitely be considered.

Hope this helps!
bwknife
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

How cool is that? I just subscribed last week and my first issue will indeed be a first issue!!!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Knife Nut
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Knife Nut »

I'm still confused......my subscription for Knife World runs thru Jan 2017. Will this be transfered into a Knife Magazine subscription thru that same date?

Paul
bwknife

Post by bwknife »

That is correct. Your subscription will change over to KNIFE Magazine starting at the end of this month.

We hope you enjoy it!
bwknife
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

Hi everyone, this is a great thing for all of us subscribers a great thing that is just getting better. I had the pleasure of visiting Mark and Kim last month and the new look looks to be a winner. Bigger and in color to boot. Everyone that has a subscription now will continue to get theirs as usual.

When I first heard about the change I was skeptical because I really don't like change initially but after seeing this and talking to Mark it's going to be great. The articles on old knives will stay he same and there will be some new articles and such and I for one can't wait to see them.

To me this is and always was the premier knife publication hands down!!

Mike

Return to “General Knife Discussion”