Winchester knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Beag1eGal

Winchester knife

Post by Beag1eGal »

Hi everyone. Hope your evening is going well!
I was wondering if anyone can help with some information about a pocketknife.
I have an old Winchester brown bone that my dad had. It was either his dad's, grandpa's or a man he worked for up in upstate New York. My dad turned 90 this past Jan. So I know the knife is at least this old. The pattern number is 9322
It is a cattleman I think. It has 3 blades with a punch. Any help would be appreciated. I cannot find this pattern number in my books on Winchester. Thank you
Attachments
0929152105a.jpg
Beag1eGal

Re: Winchester knife

Post by Beag1eGal »

Beag1eGal wrote:Hi everyone. Hope your evening is going well!
I was wondering if anyone can help with some information about a pocketknife.
I have an old Winchester brown bone that my dad had. It was either his dad's, grandpa's or a man he worked for up in upstate New York. My dad turned 90 this past Jan. So I know the knife is at least this old. The pattern number is 9322
It is a cattleman I think. It has 3 blades with a punch. Any help would be appreciated. I cannot find this pattern number in my books on Winchester. Thank you
Attachments
0929152106a-2.jpg
0929152105.jpg
0929152105b.jpg
LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

Beautiful old knife and with the nice wear on the scales in must have been one of the "carry" favorites by your Dad or Grandpop or old friend - as you probably know already made sometime between 1919 and 1942... certainly looks like a Cattle knife to me though I do not know the model numbers for each... I would assume there were a few different cattle knives with different blade arrangements (and a pouch would certainly not be uncommon on a Cattle knife)... One old Winchester Cattle knife I have seen had a clip & sheepsfoot on the front end and a spey blade on the rear... all the Cattle knives were generally pretty big with closed sizes from 3 & 1/2" and up to over 4"... I am not a Winchester expert so hopefully someone can come along with more knowledge of the pattern numbers..

Post by Jacknifeben »

If you could make the first number a 3 there are some Winchester cattle knives that start out 33 but never a 9. Here is a Winchester cattle knife out of my collection but the pattern number is wiped out from patina.
Attachments
MVC-154S.JPG
Beag1eGal

Post by Beag1eGal »

yours does favor mine a lot. Let see if I can post a picture of the model number.
Beag1eGal

Post by Beag1eGal »

here is the model number if you can zoom.
Attachments
0929152105b.jpg
0929152105b.jpg
Beag1eGal

Post by Beag1eGal »

Beag1eGal wrote:here is the model number if you can zoom.
My error... I transposed the number it is a 3922
Beag1eGal

Post by Beag1eGal »

My dad has dementia so he can't tell me anything, In fact me sometimes does not even know me. But even when his mind was sharp he could not remember who he got it from. It has been around for as long as I can remember.
Thank you for the information.
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Beautiful knife

Keep good care of it!

Bob

Return to “General Knife Discussion”