Case TB62028 Mint condition, but poor snap

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
rea1eye

Case TB62028 Mint condition, but poor snap

Post by rea1eye »

Just got this Case TB62028. The knife is in great shape but has poor closing and opening

snap.

How do you fix this?

Bob
Attachments
CaseTB62028.1.jpg
CaseTB62028.2.jpg
CaseTB62028.3.jpg
Old Hunter

Re: Case TB62028 Mint condition, but poor snap

Post by Old Hunter »

Most modern Case knives will pick up some snap by getting the gunk flushed out of the joints; use an old toothbrush, scrub under hot water using Dawn dish soap - it's a grease cutter, once dry (use a hair dryer) try oiling the joint and working the blades . But most new Case knives don't have the snap they had in the old days - some are decent, but you don't find many Gator Snappers anymore from Case. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
wlf

Post by wlf »

Send it back to Case,they should fix it ,if it's real slow.That's an expensive knife to have problems.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

That new Case Trapper I recently bought for EDC was setting open In the display case was a 2008.
It had been open for 7 years. It was extremely stiff, I used some Benchmade lube on it and it loosened right up. Maybe that might help you a bit. ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

I flushed the knife with 70 % isopropyl alcohol and then blew

everything out with canned air. Lubed with mineral oil.

Snap seems to have improved a lot.

Bob
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

That particular model came that way out of the factory for the first year or two. They've fixed the problem on the ones made now, but the only way to get the snap it should have requires that it be taken completely apart and since it's new, a trip to Case's repair department is the way to go.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”