Help ID Knife Just Stamped OK - Just Added Pics

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
radiobob

Help ID Knife Just Stamped OK - Just Added Pics

Post by radiobob »

I just got an electricians knife that has a large OK stamp, nothing else, the 'K' is slightly connected through the 'O'. I don't think it's an Olsen, I saw an Ebay ad that said it was a Queen, but I'm doubtful. Anyone have any info? Thanks!

Bob

I've added some pics, as you can see it's pretty rough looking but still perfectly usable. If there's a better way topresent these, let me know.
001.JPG
002.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
wornoutwrench

Re: Help ID Knife Just Stamped OK

Post by wornoutwrench »

Its from Ontario Knife company.
Experience keeps a dear school but fools will learn in no other.

Not all who disagree with wise men are fools.
junebug

Post by junebug »

i agree ONTARIO

AND............. QUEEN made the folding knives for ONTARIO ::nod:: ::tu::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
radiobob

Post by radiobob »

Wow, thanks for the quick replies! That's what I call service! Ya know, I briefly thought about Ontario, but I'd never seen that one on an Ontario,, which doesn't mean much since I'm no expert. And it was made by Queen. Why would Ontario need Queen to make their knives? Very interesting, I love researching and learning about this stuff. Thanks for the answers all.

Bob
junebug

Post by junebug »

::tu::
sorry...lemme add ::welcome:: TO AAPK!!!!!! ::handshake::

the research and history is what it is all about ::tu::
stick around.....surf the old threads.......you will learn.... most knife companies had knives made by others ::nod::
case
imperial
schrade
ulster
on an on an on...ALMOST all of them do/have done it......... ::nod::
HARD FOR MANY NEW TO BELIEVE ....... shocked me when i started ::nod:: :mrgreen:
the ol mighty dollar an supply an demand thang falls in there somewhere too...heheheh ::tu::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
radiobob

Post by radiobob »

Thanks for the welcome! I've lurked here off and on for years, and it's been a resource. I did find out that Ontario and Queen are sister companies, somehow, haven't got that far into the research:)

Bob
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Bob -- Welcome to an active role in AAPK. Glad to have you posting. Since you've been lurking for quite some time, you already know we not only love pictures, many times they are essential.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Bob, I'm guessing that this is the tang stamp? Fortunately for us future FBI agents, the clue is on the handles for this model. OH
Ps good to have you posting.
pps can't get the file loaded off my tablet, will try the iphone (technology; love it when it works, cuss it when it don't!)
Attachments
image.jpg
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
radiobob

Post by radiobob »

Thanks for the welcomes, and yes that be the very one, tang stamp that is. I should have added pics, just being lazy. I'll add some shortly just for the practice, plus I have to take a pic of one of the vintage tobacco pipes I collect for Ebay.

Bob

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”