Schrade Walden 3OT

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Schrade Walden 3OT

Post by Chase »

Anybody have a Sçhrade Walden 3OT, similar to the 2OT?
Late 1950's early 1960's knife?

Tom
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Schrade Walden 3OT

Post by Shearer »

No.( never seen one for sale )
You would have to have a big bank account if one turned up.There was only a few made and a lot of collectors looking for them.
Edit:( I think there is one when the Schrade Museum was sold up ended up in Australia )
Grant
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

There is a Craftsman for sale right now. It has the same blades as a 2OT and I think it IS a 2OT. Did the 3OT have a different secondary blade?
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

tongueriver wrote:There is a Craftsman for sale right now. It has the same blades as a 2OT and I think it IS a 2OT. Did the 3OT have a different secondary blade?
The 3OT had a sheepfoot master blade.As far as I know never went into production.A sample lot was made.

Grant
Edit I found a topic with pictures.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2393
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
Schradenut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Schradenut »

Larry Hartigan has one. Check out Larry H's Collection.

http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us/ ... /index.htm
Tony.
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

That beauty of Larry's now resides in Western Maryland. I was overwhelmed with the opportunity to add it to my Schrade Room along with the 2 OT, both from the Schrade Factory Collection.

Thank you again Larry!

Tom
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Chase wrote:That beauty of Larry's now resides in Western Maryland. I was overwhelmed with the opportunity to add it to my Schrade Room along with the 2 OT, both from the Schrade Factory Collection.

Thank you again Larry!

Tom
Looks like the baton has been passed! Good to know they are in the right hands! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Tom let's see some pictures.
Roger
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

My photo skills are lacking to say the least, however, here is a picture I took of the 2 OT and the 3 OT.

These are the two knives that Herman Williams presented to Henry and Albert Baer, from his personal collection. They in turn added them to the Schrade Collection. Larry Australia)ended up with them and eventually gave me the opportunity to add them into my collection. Larry was instrumental in Re-patriating these knives back into the good Ole USA.

The knives are absolutely gorgeous and have a special place in my Schrade USA Room.

Tom
Attachments
001.JPG
003.JPG
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I had the priviledge of examining both of them while visiting with Tom at the Blade Show. Those two knives are absolutely flawless. I'm very glad they are where they are now. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”