Resolved not fake ----Case Blue Lagoon Trapper?

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
WolfSpring

Resolved not fake ----Case Blue Lagoon Trapper?

Post by WolfSpring »

So I got this knife on eBay. I didn't pay much, while looking at it the pictures were not that great and I couldn't find a knife that looked anything like it on a search for Case Blue lagoon tappers, but my wife like the look of it and I figured why not even if it is fake it could go on a shelf somewhere to look pretty. First indication I had was both ends rounded off and they only showed two blades, but it ended up being three blades. But looking at the tang stamp I can not find one like it and the A is all messed up on it. All of these pictures I took, the eBay ones were straight crap. It's a cool little knife and if it's not Case I won't be heartbroken, if it is I scored pretty good. I don't know Case knives but I've never seen a knife with markings on all three blades. The A is not detailed on the main tang stamp, it closely matches another stamp but missing a few things and the x's look like they didn't even try, so I really think this is a fake.

I am basing my thoughts on this:
http://www.wrcase.com/case_college/tang_stamps/
Attachments
Case-4212.jpg
Case-4213.jpg
Main outer logo
Main outer logo
Main Blade Tang Stamp
Main Blade Tang Stamp
Stamped on the Wharncliff
Stamped on the Wharncliff
Stamped on the short blade
Stamped on the short blade
junebug

Re: Case Blue Lagoon Trapper?

Post by junebug »

real CASE XX pattern
STOCKMAN pattern

looks good to me. ::tu:: ....but i know nothin but what i have personally seen/researched
a PRO CASER should arrive soon ta say I AM RIGHT :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I'm not a Case guy but it sure looks like a 2008 Case to me. Here are some Case 63090s I found to compare to. I think this picture may have been posted on Blade Forums.
Attachments
First Year 63090's.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
WolfSpring

Post by WolfSpring »

Maybe I'm thinking to much into it, the tang stamp just looks so cheaply done. Thank you guys.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Looks legit but slightly abused to me. ::nod:: 4 1/2" closed?

*Edit- WOAH Nelly, I'm think of a -91 pattern. ::shrug::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Real Case knife.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
WolfSpring

Post by WolfSpring »

Thanks guys, i feel better now, I did a little more research and have found some of the newest ones going for 35-45 dollars and I picked this up for 28, not a great deal but the wife likes it and it'll make a good whittling knife so no big deal. Like I said it just looked really crappy stamp/engraved and I'd of thought Case would have better. I'm not familiar with them as a whole I just know they've been around a long time and make quality knives and are always to expensive for me for what they are, now that I know I can get some of there cheaper models around 50 bucks I might get a couple more for gifts to get people some decent knives.

Thanks.
Bamarick

Re: Resolved not fake ----Case Blue Lagoon Trapper?

Post by Bamarick »

There is nothing wrong with your knife. I wouldn't worry too much if you are looking at current or recent production knives in that price range. There simply isn't enough money to be made by a counterfeiter. Watch out for the older more expensive knives. We've all probably had a bad lesson or two with them. Enjoy your Case stockman.

Rick

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”