Need some help from Kentucky guys!

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
joshbobbitt30

Need some help from Kentucky guys!

Post by joshbobbitt30 »

Hey guys I hope someone can help me, I'm looking into buying my first GEC knife or northfield and tidioute ::tu:: . I would love to actually handle one so I can make sure I like the feel of it but I can't find a knife store around here. There used to be B&B knives on Winchester rd. in Lexington but they have either moved or gone out of business. My question is do any of you know of a store open I could go to or are they all gone now?
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Need some help from Kentucky guys!

Post by peanut740 »

Try going to Great Eastern website and get their list of dealers.Most if not all are online dealers and don't have brick and mortar stores.
Roger
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Yeah, stores are electronic these days - brick and mortars don't really exist.

You can utilize Amazon in some cases, if you're a frequent flyer there.....just a suggestion.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
joshbobbitt30

Post by joshbobbitt30 »

thanks for the info guys, it hurts my soul there isn't a brick and mortar anymore nothing is better than going into a store and seeing knives all around you and being able to hold the one you're thinking of buying. I might have to just buy one online I just like trying them out because I have big hands and wanted to make sure it fit in my hand well before paying that type of money.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Stop by Smoky Mountain Knife Works in TN (Sevierville area) - lots of knives in there, but relatively small number of GEC when I was there last (three years ago). OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I don't know if any knife stores here in south central Kentucky that handle GEC. We have a few knife stores, but it's mostly Case here.

I'm with you on the big hands/big knife.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Josh there's a knife show coming to Lexington next month. It's put on by the Central Kentucky Knife Club. I can almost guarantee you'll have a chance to fondle a few GEC knives there. It's at the Clarion on Newtown Pike (Used to be the Holiday Inn) out by the interstate. Below is a link with info.

http://iknifecollector.com/events/centr ... knife-show

I'm sorry to hear that B&B is no longer there. I've been in that store several times, however not for a while now.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
wlf

Post by wlf »

Phil's right Josh,Central Ky. Knife Show has been excellent.Members of AAPK ,Ken Mundeck and Roger Cunningham set up at the show,and Ken is a GEC dealer and Roger has a lot of really nice antique knives..

Lord willing I'll be there and I'll bring some in a roll too. The show has a lot of knives.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Keep in mind that if you're up for a day trip (long day) Sevierville & SMKW is only a couple hundred miles (little over three hours) from you. One Stop Knife Shop in Louisville if you ever get a hankering for modern knives. Looks like Amerson Farms over in Georgetown carries a lot of Case Knives if that interests you at all. But GEC is mostly sold over the internet. Like Phil said, a knife show is the best place to handle one.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
joshbobbitt30

Post by joshbobbitt30 »

Thanks guys, I'll be at the knife show for sure. I have plenty of Case knives and could never find "the one" that felt right and worked for me the best so I figured I would try the next step up. But with that amount of money I really want to try them out and see how they feel in my hand first. So I hope to see you guys there at the show!

Return to “General Knife Discussion”