People are what makes AAPK so wonderful!

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
#goldpan

People are what makes AAPK so wonderful!

Post by #goldpan »

I have been a member here since 2009 (even though my info says different) and I got to say that the members here are such a huge asset to any and all knife junkies ::handshake:: you folks have got to know that you rock big time ::tu::

Some time back Jerry gifted me this fine mill vice that is going to allow me to become a better knife mechanic, and I hope at some point a builder of quality custom pocket knives.
20150326_155657[1].jpg
And its not just the kind people like Jerry D. but the folks with Knife knowledge and know how! ::nod:: We have talented people like our Caddyman! I purchased a stiddy from Bill and it got here super fast! ::handshake:: Thanks Bill! That stiddy is awesome! Here it is with the electricians knife that i just finished modding using the Caddyman stiddy!
20150326_155730[1].jpg
More on the knife in another post sometime over the weekend! This a grand place to be a part off!!!!!

Randy
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: People are what makes AAPK so wonderful!

Post by jerryd6818 »

Randy, that's not the cross slide vice I gave you. That one is clean. (He paid the shipping folks. Big $$$$. That sucka is heavy.)
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

Yep Jerry that is one heavy weight vice :shock: The dirt was removed with a healthy dose of brake clean! Its perfect for what I have in mind too. Perhaps over the weekend I'll do a project involving integral bolsters/liners. I think its going to be a sweet one too. ::super_happy:: I'll post pics when I'm done. Again thank you so much!

Randy
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

Yes indeed, the people here help in many different ways. For example, goldpan just taught me a word I didn't know... Stiddy. How did I get to my advanced age and never learn that word? Thanks gp!

Dennis
gino

Post by gino »

I agree !
It pleases me to think of all the friends I have made here, its a pretty cool place! ;)
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
wlf

Post by wlf »

gino wrote:I agree !
It pleases me to think of all the friends I have made here, its a pretty cool place! ;)
Me too Gino.

Yea,Jerry's a little bit ok. Put me 1st on the list Randy when you can make a farmers jack. :)
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle

Return to “General Knife Discussion”