Across the Board

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
whitebuffalo58

Across the Board

Post by whitebuffalo58 »

I haven't had much time to hang around over the past few months but, have had a short break over the past couple of weeks and spent some of that time going over some of the older posts I've missed. Very impressive!!!
Across the board I see so many great accomplishments in all aspects of the hobby/way of life. All the way from the knife mechanics, to the high end premium collectors. And, no offense intended to you far east collectors, but even some of the knives showing up in the China forum can't help but impress. (a little :D )
I've missed being able to hang out more often, but one thing that being away for awhile has helped me to see, is a much broader view of all the different ways there are to be involved in this hobby. There really is something for anyone that would care to share in the experience and this forum is the perfect place for it. So, whether you're a beginning collector or a seasoned pro, a humble mechanic/tinkerer or full time custom maker, I offer a hearty congratulations to one and all in your endeavors. Your at the very heart of what the hobby of knife collecting is all about.
In closing, something I don't think can be said too often. Thanks to Bryan, Dale and all the moderators for doing such a great job! You guys are the best!

WB
joatmonknife

Re: Across the Board

Post by joatmonknife »

I am a new member to this site and I totally agree. I am a some time collector. I do not collect high end knives but I love to see them and learn about them. I collect odd brand knives so most are used, some used up. I love to handle an old knife and wonder where it has been. The people that run this forum do a terrific job and I give them my thanks. joatmonknife
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

joatmonknife -- Welcome to AAPK. Glad to have you aboard.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
whitebuffalo58

Post by whitebuffalo58 »

Ditto on the welcome. When you can, post a few pics of you're collection/accumulation, good, bad or ugly, folks 'round here like 'em all.

WB
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Great post Rob! Much appreciated, as are you!!

Welcome joatmonknife! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
singin46

Post by singin46 »

Well done, Rob! We that have been here a while do miss a lot, from time to time. Welcome aboard, joatmonknife! ::tu::
Perry
Love all Jacks
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

whitebuffalo58 wrote:I haven't had much time to hang around over the past few months but, have had a short break over the past couple of weeks and spent some of that time going over some of the older posts I've missed. Very impressive!!!
Across the board I see so many great accomplishments in all aspects of the hobby/way of life. All the way from the knife mechanics, to the high end premium collectors. And, no offense intended to you far east collectors, but even some of the knives showing up in the China forum can't help but impress. (a little :D )
I've missed being able to hang out more often, but one thing that being away for awhile has helped me to see, is a much broader view of all the different ways there are to be involved in this hobby. There really is something for anyone that would care to share in the experience and this forum is the perfect place for it. So, whether your a beginning collector or a seasoned pro, a humble mechanic/tinkerer or full time custom maker, I offer a hearty congratulations to one and all in your endeavors. Your at the very heart of what the hobby of knife collecting is all about.
In closing, something I don't think can be said too often. Thanks to Bryan, Dale and all the moderators for doing such a great job! You guys are the best!

WB
Well said my friend! I agree.
Hope life finds you and yours well.

joatmonknife ,Welcome to AAPK!!

Regards, Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

Yes indeed ::tu:: this a great place to hang and learn. And to share! ::ds::

Randy
whitebuffalo58

Post by whitebuffalo58 »

Thanks guys, always a pleasure to hang out with ya'll!

WB
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

I'm glad you submitted this post whitebuffalo58 because I believe it allows me an opportunity to share something I've been wanting to but didn't want to start a new post for it.

When I first joined AAPK I bombarded everyone with questions about every little detail and was always helped in a most professional way by awesome knowledgeable folks. Since then I have found to search the forum for some of my answers before bothering everyone; however I don't want everyone to think I show up only when I need help or there is a give a way. I frequent the site sometimes on daily basis and if not daily at least a couple times a week.

I often spend time just looking through old post some several years old and sometimes I almost comment on them before looking at the dates.

What I'm trying to say is Thanks to all of you for what you do and how you willingly share your knowledge with us newbies. Like raising a child sometimes you're teaching us even when you don't realize it.

I have learned and am still learning from each of you. From admins to the newest members Thank you for all your help. James
"Try to learn something about everything and everything about something."
- Thomas Henry Huxley (1825-1895)

Return to “General Knife Discussion”