Standard Knife Co (reproduction?)

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
wlf

Standard Knife Co (reproduction?)

Post by wlf »

Pretty sure this is a Parker reproduction.Not a counterfeit.I think a lot of novices get sucked into these.Don't know if the seller even knows.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Standar ... 1521886190?
Attachments
Parker repo.JPG
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
dcgm4

Re: Standard Knife Co (reproduction?)

Post by dcgm4 »

Definitely a Parker repro. ::nod:: Knives like that one are a reminder of why it's so important for collectors to do their homework before they dole out a lot of money on a knife.
Dave

Always looking for vintage knives with Virginia, Maryland, or Washington D.C. tang stamps. Any condition.
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

I notified the seller that it was a newer knife. We will see if he lets the knife sell. It is at least three times the value now. Sad for the buyer.

Tom
wlf

Post by wlf »

I had notified the seller too Tom.It looked like the bidder was a novice.Must not have looked right,bidder is not a novice,whoever bid has 400-something feedback.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

He might want to have the buffalo that provided the horn handles for insects. Chances are that rascal is still alive!,

Tom

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”