FOUND this BOKER 182 in shop!

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
accujohn

FOUND this BOKER 182 in shop!

Post by accujohn »

Just sharing... but if anyone has input, please comment. I found this over the weekend in an antique mall knife bin. It was a GOOD day:). $30. later, I was out the door. This is easily my nicest Boker to date and I'm still having trouble figuring out why someone didn't bother to look it up. Thought the blueing on the leather punch was nice. From what I gather this is 1932-1945ish? Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Attachments
DSCN1951.jpg
DSCN1953.jpg
DSCN1954.jpg

Re: FOUND this BOKER 182 in shop!

Post by 0078 »

Sure is a nice looking knife, can't help much with the age. Nice score
Where you plant your needs is where your garden grows.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Nice find ::tu::
AAPK Janitor
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

That's a great looking knife and the blueing is nice. I've never seen that before.
Joe
dcgm4

Post by dcgm4 »

Great score! ::tu::
Dave

Always looking for vintage knives with Virginia, Maryland, or Washington D.C. tang stamps. Any condition.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I don't know much about Boker knives, but looking at the tang stamp makes me think it was probably made for the European market.
The tree on the pile site stamp appears to me to be the same as the one Goins' dates as 1915.
Looking at the materials, design, construction and the fancy work on the bail, I would think it was made prior to World War II, but how much prior I don't know.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
thegreedygulo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by thegreedygulo »

Nice knife at a GREAT price! You did well. Do you want your money back? 8) Boker originally used that tang stamp from 1932 - 1950, though they also used it much later on reproduction knives. Your knife is an original, not a reproduction. Hope this helps & congrats.
A pocket knife is still an intimate personal possession of the individual who carries it and consequently deserves the best of materials, finish and workmanship in its production. (Quoted from Boker's 1928 cutlery catalog).
accujohn

Post by accujohn »

Another bit of dating help is the shield. Apparently the solingen factory was destroyed in WWII, and after they rebuilt the new shield had "solingen" under the tree.
Monkeyboy

Post by Monkeyboy »

nice score.
i'd pay $30 for a nice old Boker any day especially for a hiker/camper

buzz
buzz
the universe in a drop of water
victorpatrick

Post by victorpatrick »

The estimated dating of 1932-1945 aligns with a period when Boker was producing a variety of knives, and the specific details of your knife could help narrow down the production date further. Boker knives from this era can vary in design and materials used, so researching the specific characteristics of your knife, such as blade shape, handle material, and any unique markings, can provide additional insights into its history. Dave The Diver
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

That stamp is said to be 1932 to the present and used on some reissues. That's a nice piece. Good luck with it. J.O'.

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”