3 from a new source military and civilian foreign & American

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

3 from a new source military and civilian foreign & American

Post by Mossdancer »

PICT0010.JPG
An IXL Geo. Wostenholm ? maybe a carver or rope wharncliff., an office pen or grooming with corn and swedged large pen blade by Mayer and Grosh. Very nice Pearl handles. A ww2 colonial Mk 1 with dark blade possibly a diving knife with hard sheath by BM. More than likely 43 or after. Has the type 1 pommel. Note the gigantic springs on the folder and the narrow size of the IXL. Could the SCAPA possibly denote a signal corps. aboard an APA nomenclature ship? Please post remarks with any additional info you may have regarding items.
Also for you sailors any info regarding a GMG 2 rate, I know a GM is a gunners mate and 2nd class rank but what is the G following GM, Maybe denoting guard or Garrison?
moss
Attachments
PICT0001.JPG
PICT0002.JPG
PICT0003.JPG
PICT0004.JPG
PICT0005.JPG
PICT0006.JPG
PICT0009.JPG
I STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
knife7knut

Re: 3 from a new source military and civilian foreign & Amer

Post by knife7knut »

Nice ones Moss! The pearl has enclosed back springs which makes it a pretty early knife.The I*XL's square kick also is an early touch although the stamp looks more recent.I think it's a pruner.
The Mk1 is a new one to me;I've only seen PAL's,Nice scores though
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

Nice knives ::tu:: I dig that Colonial Mk1 fixed blade. I have a couple of them. :D
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

The M&G was made by Miller, never seen steel pins or are those screws in the bolsters?
AAPK Janitor
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mossdancer »

K7K: If the pruning blade was reshaped they did a fine job as under a 10X I could see no grinding marks and the blade is only about a 1/4" from end of trough. Might be a bit tough to pull through a branch with narrow handles.

#goldpan: This is the first I have obtained of this configuration. Thank you for the reply.

MB: Thanks for the heads up. There are unseen screws in the handles with pins in the bolsters. Great eye. Any idea as to value. I am just about deluged with knives. Am starting to prune my self.

Merry Christmas and God Bless to all.
moss
Edit: Forgot to mention they came from a consignment store. Some one must have need for some holiday cash.
I STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM

Return to “General Knife Discussion”