F. Dick steels from Muskrat Man!

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

F. Dick steels from Muskrat Man!

Post by Colonel26 »

Years ago at a little junk auction I bought an old F. Dick steel. I didn't know anything anout the brand, I just new it was old, in good shape, and looked like the old steels I'd seen the older guys use. So I bought it for $2.50 I think. It's been the center piece of my sharpening all these years. You can take a knife that you THINK is hair popping sharp, hit it a few licks on the old F. Dick steel and Katie bar the door!

Well the other night Muskrat Man posted that he was having a Christmas sale in his store, so I took a look, not looking for anything in particular. What did I see! TWO F. Dick steels from the early 20th century, restored to like new condition for an AMAZING price (y'all need to check his store out). So I bought them both before they could get away!

My old one, the top one in the picture, has the finest little ribs. You can barely see them. But the new ones are completely smooth. I tried one out, it works really well.

The two with rings are the new ones from Muskrat Man. One has what I'm guessing is Bakelite for a handle. The other one is beautiful old stag with a steer's head ring. It's niiiiiiice, no cracks, no chips, perfect!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: F. Dick steels from Muskrat Man!

Post by philco »

Well Wade, since you done went and hogged all the good steels, I guess I'll be sending you my knives to properly sharpen from this point forward. ::super_happy::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Send Em on Phil. I like sharpening. It's my therapy, lol.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

What Philco said! ::tu:: ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Knice scores Wade!!! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb

Return to “General Knife Discussion”