All About Pocket Knives

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:04 pm 

Here are some step by step instructions my daughter wrote out for her computer illiterate dad. Hope they help you as much as they have helped me.

1. On the discussion site click "POST REPLY" at the bottom of the page.

2. Scroll down to below the text box till you see the heading "UPLOAD ATTACHMENTS"

3. Click the "BROWSE" button

4. A box will pop up where you will search for the picture you plan to use (it must already be
stored on your computer)

5. Once you find the picture you want to use, left click on it once and it will be highlighted
in grey or pale blue, and you will see the file name appear

6. Click the "OPEN" button

7. The box will go away and you will see the original page again

8. Click the "ADD THE FILE" button

9. Another box will pop up to show you the progress of the upload. Wait till it goes away.

10. The original page will come back and you can now type the message.

11. Scroll down untill you see the heading "POSTED ATTACHMENTS" and click "PREVIEW"

12. If you like what you see, click "SUBMIT"

13. You can post multiple pictures by repeating steps 3-10 before you click "SUBMIT"

If that works, don't thank me, thank my daughter Sarah. :)

Phil

-------------------------------------------------

Addendum By Bryan (07-16-14)...

Please note that the ability to include images from PhotoBucket and other hosting services has been disabled. The above instructions are the only option we currently have available for posting images.

More details about current image posting capabilities can be found in the link below...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38797

Reasons for adjustment can be found via the link below...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38771

-----------------------------------------------

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Our knives are more than metal and bone;
They're about who we are and the people we've known.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:54 am 

put this up here, can be of much use to new and old members alike ::tu::

Knife Repair, Custom knives and Embellishment

http://muskratmanknives.com/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:57 am 

Pretty neat.

How much bandwidth do you have? I imagine that your server can get really loaded up after a while.

Great feature.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:28 am 

I have my pictures on a picture hosting site which allows me to have them arranged by brand, pattern, etc.
A lot easier to find a particular picture that way than on my computer which keeps them in files by date of upload.
On the host site I can copy the img url and then paste it in the post body on some forums. Why can't this be done on AAPK?
Even if I try to load the host site pic url as an attachmnet that doesn't work either.
So if Sarah can help with instructions of how to get photobucket url to copy & paste into AAPK I'd appreciate it. :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:03 pm 

this knife was in a bunch i bought at an estate sale. the blade is 4 inches and marked colt. the handle is solid brass and marked wells fargo. anyone have any info on this?

Attachments:
all pics thru 32009 204.jpg
all pics thru 32009 204.jpg [ 1.02 MiB | Viewed 48950 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:49 pm 

Hello Phil, Thanks I need all of the help I can get. Most of the time when I try posting pictures, if I try more than one picture I get a message in red that says I have my limit.
Today I tried three they worked for some reason, I did not submit them. Also I get smaller pictures in my post than I have saved in my picture folder. I can click on then and make them larger, but I don't know what happens on other peoples computer. Any help will be appreciated.

Stockman

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:20 pm 

Guys, I wish I could help ya, but as I said in my original post, I am computer illiterate. That's why my daughter had to type out step by step instructions for me to follow. ::dang::

Stockman,
I have no idea why some folks pictures are much larger than others when they are posted. I've often puzzled over that one myself. ::shrug::

WJ
I'll ask Sarah about your photobucket question if she ever comes home from college again. :(

Owd Wullie,
I didn't even know I had bandwidth. :lol:

Pop Kornfart,
Maybe you'd have better luck by posting that question and picture in the general knife discussion forum on a separate thread. Nice little knife by the way. Cool brass handles. 8)

I posted this in hopes that it would at least help some of our members get a picture posted. I've sent the same list to several members via email over the past few months and it seems to have been helpful to at least some of them.

If there's anyone who can offer further help or answer any of the questions already raised, please feel free to do so.

Phil

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:36 pm 

Philco and all others,

I eventually ended up uploading my pictures to photobucket (it's free). Once it's uploaded, I edit it and enlarge it to full size and save it. I then copy it to my desktop and upload it from UPLOAD ATTACHMENT below.

This allows me to get the picture posted and if you double click on the picture it will enlarge for you.

Hope this helps, it's kind of the long way around but it works. Now if I can just learn to take quality pictures ::dang:: ::dang:: that's another entirely different subject ::shrug::

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:23 pm 

Give that daughter of yours a raise in her allowance. If she is too old for one buy her a car.

I am new here and that was quite helpfully. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:30 am 

Pics of Shrade Indian knife

Attachments:
100_0813.jpg
100_0813.jpg [ 1.06 MiB | Viewed 48739 times ]
100_0814.jpg
100_0814.jpg [ 847.01 KiB | Viewed 48739 times ]
100_0815.jpg
100_0815.jpg [ 1.06 MiB | Viewed 48739 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:28 am 

the instructions really work....carl

Attachments:
Three knives (2).JPG
Three knives (2).JPG [ 194.56 KiB | Viewed 46771 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:47 pm 

Hi Philco, When I try to upload a photo, I'm getting the message "The file you are trying to load is invalid." Any idea why? The pic is on my computer. Thank you.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:35 pm 

wishful wrote:
Hi Philco, When I try to upload a photo, I'm getting the message "The file you are trying to load is invalid." Any idea why? The pic is on my computer. Thank you.

I'm not very qualified to answer your question, but I have experienced the same thing a time or two myself. In my case it turned out the photo was too large for the posting format. I dont have a clue why some of my pictures are correctly sized and some are not but that seems to have been the case on a couple of occasions anyway.
You might want to go to the website linked below and try resizing a picture and see if that helps you to get it uploaded onto AAPK. If that does not work, hopefully someone who is more computer savvy than I will offer their assistance. Good luck. ::tu::
Let us know if you continue to experience problems.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/resize.php

Phil

PS you might want to give photobucket a try as well.

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:17 pm 

hello i have had these two knoves for some time there are no markings on it what so ever have looked every where blade handle i am at a lose if there is anyone out there that might know any thing about these knives please let me know thank you

Attachments:
IMG000069.jpg
IMG000069.jpg [ 9.05 KiB | Viewed 45159 times ]
IMG000070.jpg
IMG000070.jpg [ 9.56 KiB | Viewed 45158 times ]
IMG000074.jpg
IMG000074.jpg [ 8.59 KiB | Viewed 45158 times ]
IMG000071.jpg
IMG000071.jpg [ 9.25 KiB | Viewed 45158 times ]
IMG000072.jpg
IMG000072.jpg [ 9.3 KiB | Viewed 45158 times ]
IMG000073.jpg
IMG000073.jpg [ 7.99 KiB | Viewed 45158 times ]
IMG000077.jpg
IMG000077.jpg [ 10.13 KiB | Viewed 45158 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:45 pm 

Hey Philco; I gotta question. I was trying to load up some picts for the forum and some would load and others nearly identical would not. I guess the file was too big, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make them smaller. I ended up taking 6 pictures of the same group of knives before I had one less than 2MB that would load. They all were nealy identical! This is driving me crazy!!! Maybe you could ask your daughter if she knows what the deal is? Maybe Bryan can help by allowing larger MB files to load? I don't think I'm the only one having this difficulty, am I? Maybe it's an over 60 thing. You know, computer challenged. ::dang::

Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next