Need help identifying this buck 110

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Mhammond35

Need help identifying this buck 110

Post by Mhammond35 »

I can't seem to find anything on this specific knife. It says it's 782/1000 so there must be 999 more out there but for the life of me I can't find anything else about it besides that it's a buck 110 from 2002. Any info about this would be greatly appreciated!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
knife7knut

Re: Need help identifying this buck 110

Post by knife7knut »

Welcome to the forums! Is that blade pierced with that design or is it just etched? It is hard to tell from the pictures(which are excellent by the way).
Buck;like other knife manufacturers makes SFO's(special factory orders)available.Not sure what the minimum order is but in this case it looks like there were 1000 made. I have one that was made for the Friends of the NRA in Lenawee County Michigan(where I live)but I am not sure how many were ordered.
You might try contacting Buck Knives to inquire about it and supplying them with the logo.They could likely tell you who it was done for.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Mhammond35

Post by Mhammond35 »

Thanks! And that totally makes sense that it was probably made for a specific group of people. But, there are really no markings that indicate that besides the number. I could still see that as possible though. And the numbers appear to be laser etched but I'm no pro on knives or laser etching so I'm not sure haha. I'm deffinetly going to get in contact with buck about the knife. I'm very intrigued by it.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

The tang stamp on that knife indicates it was made by the Buck Custom Shop (could a limited run by Buck for the market or it could be a SFO). The cut-out designs were quite popular at one time, here is a Buck 112 that is similar in setup. OH
Attachments
Buck 112 Custom mark side.JPG
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”