New to Case Classics

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Wolfeman92

New to Case Classics

Post by Wolfeman92 »

Hello to anyone reading this first off,

I am new to the site and working my way through finding out how it all works. I just thought I would see what kind of response, if any, I would get. I have been collecting since I was very young and finally decided to get into the case classic frenzy after doing a bit of reading and researching the knives as a whole. I feel like a lot of people around my age (A Millennial) are not into collecting knives? I could be very wrong I just do not have friends that are really into it, I guess.

I have found a new love for the Jumbo trappers from 1992 with acrylic handles. Very rare knives I have noticed over my first couple months looking for them. I have bought two so far and love them. A nice tight, larger sized, colorful knife in my opinion.

Curious about what you guys think of them and just trying to get involved on the board topics and discussions.

Thanks,
Wolfeman92
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: New to Case Classics

Post by edge213 »

Welcome to AAPK. I personally don't have any Case Classics in my collection. I have handled quite a few though. I like them just never have bought any.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
gmusic

Post by gmusic »

Hello there Wolfeman92, welcome to the site!

The Classics are very good knives the majority of them being made by Queen Cutlery after the blow up at W.R. Case and Sons. You happen to have fallen for one of the 4 patterns that Case did make in house before the switch over. There are a couple of very knowledgeable Case Classic guys that visit here, perhaps they'll chime in. If your going to be a serious CC collector you need the Case Classic "Longhaul" book if you don't have it already.

We love pictures.................!!
http://www.musicmadeknives.com

Rodger, (Rodger-50/2050), Bill (El Lobo), Johnny Fain (jonet143), Johnny Samples (Johnnyrotten),
Bill Price (CCBill)

Please feel free to contact any mod or admin with concerns.
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

What are the Case Classics? Patterns of knives built in the early 1990's?

Bob
Wolfeman92

Post by Wolfeman92 »

Bob, yes roughly 1990-1998 from what I understand
Wolfeman92

Post by Wolfeman92 »

Gmusic,

I would love to post pictures of them, if only I could figure it out. Also in reply to your comment about the "Best in the Longhaul Book", I have read through what little of it I could find online. Would love to find a copy that wouldn't break the bank too awful bad.

Wolfeman
gmusic

Post by gmusic »

rea1eye wrote:What are the Case Classics? Patterns of knives built in the early 1990's?

Bob
Bob, the "Case Classics" was a line of knives produced in the 90s patterned after turn of the century knife patterns and brought back to life by Jim Parker when he owned W.R. Case and Sons. The project was completed by Queen Cutlery after Parker's bankruptcy and subsequent sale of W.R. Case and Sons. There were many other knives made by Case in the 90s! The Classics have the tell tail tang stamps to help identify them.

Rodger, (Rodger-50/2050), Bill (El Lobo), Johnny Fain (jonet143), Johnny Samples (Johnnyrotten),
Bill Price (CCBill)

gmusic

Post by gmusic »

Wolfeman92 wrote:Gmusic,

I would love to post pictures of them, if only I could figure it out.

Wolfeman

Check out this thread for posting pictures Wolfeman. Good luck with the book........

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... =2&t=12128

Bill Price (CCBill)

Wolfeman92

Post by Wolfeman92 »

Gmusic,

Luckily I found a "steel" on the book online last night. Are corny jokes allowed on here? Here are a few pictures of the jumbo trappers. Sorry for the terrible photography skills in advance.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

gmusic wrote:Hello there Wolfeman92, welcome to the site!

The Classics are very good knives the majority of them being made by Queen Cutlery after the blow up at W.R. Case and Sons. You happen to have fallen for one of the 4 patterns that Case did make in house before the switch over. There are a couple of very knowledgeable Case Classic guys that visit here, perhaps they'll chime in. If your going to be a serious CC collector you need the Case Classic "Longhaul" book if you don't have it already.

We love pictures.................!!
Case made the 54 pattern trapper.Queen made the jumbo trapper. ::tu::
Roger
black1970

Post by black1970 »

Be careful not to put those knives in close proxsimity to each other or in a closed space. They give off a carosive gas that will do damage to them. I learned the hard way. I will NOT collect any more of them.
SSG Ret.
TN & TX ARNG
66-06
gmusic

Post by gmusic »

Nice knives Wolfman! Corny jokes are allowed absolutely. Your pictures will get better and better............

Thanks for the correction there peanut!

Bill Price (CCBill)

Wolfeman92

Post by Wolfeman92 »

Black1970,

Are they not acrylic, which I understand to be different than celluloid? Or was I mistaken?

Thanks,
Wolfeman
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Wolfeman several are celluloid but I believe the ones you have shown are acrylic and they don't gas out.. ::tu::
Roger
Wolfeman92

Post by Wolfeman92 »

Thanks peanut.

Although I am young and well read collector I always like knowing from wiser and better educated collectors. To my knowledge, the difference between acrylic and celluloid jumbo trappers from 1992 is the blade. Acrylic having the "xx" blade engraving, and celluloid having the "w.r. case and sons" script on the blade. Even if they share many color patterns.

Thanks for all the input, I love the forum already
deanmm56

Post by deanmm56 »

Hello Wolfeman92,

I claim to know just a tad, tiny, bit about the Case Classics, a series of knives that I've collected for quite some time. There are far more knowledgeable people on this forum and @ the Case Classics Club .

If I can help answer your question I will definitely try, or refer you to a higher source.

Welcome to AAPK
Dean M. Morron

email : deanm56@aol.com

ebay as : deanm56635w
Wolfeman92

Post by Wolfeman92 »

Thanks dean, and all who commented and welcomed me!

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”