IMPERIAL IRELAND....

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
wildcat

IMPERIAL IRELAND....

Post by wildcat »

Are these any good or are they junk? Carbon or stainless? I found an old country hardware store that sells alot of junk knives, but he did have some Buck and Case mixed in. At the price point, I know they are not Case or Queen.

Price tag was $6.
God prefers spiritual fruit, not religious nuts. Galations 5:22~
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

I am not really qualified to say much about Imperial knives but I have owned several. ::nod:: Some of the guys here collect them so I guess they are collectable. I have never been impressed with the quality at all. I am not sure about the steel but the ones I have had have not been bad to rust. I have never considered them a knife I would use on a day to day basis if I had much work to do. :| Most of them I have had had metal handles some covered with some vinyl material. I myself prefer to concentrate on fewer knives of better quality. ::nod:: To me it would be a very rare Imperial that would fetch 50.00 on Ebay. ::smirk::
Tom
Bob W.

Post by Bob W. »

I bought a few during the Great Schrade Closeouts. The quality is absolutely mixed and random.

Most of the Imperial/Tradesman knives are not very good, but a couple of are OK. The Apex was poor, as were the Frontier branded Imperials.

The best were the Imperial camp knives ($1.99 on closeout), and I was suprised by the lack of blade play in a white plastic-handled peanut ($1.39).

Edited to add: I'm pretty sure they're all stainless.

-Bob
wildcat

Post by wildcat »

well, i'm gonna grab a stockman and a barlow. Passin by there Friday on the way to pollute the ground water with lead and the air with burned powder. :D

For $6 a peice, i can take a chance. I've wasted more money on lesser things.
God prefers spiritual fruit, not religious nuts. Galations 5:22~

Return to “General Knife Discussion”