Lone Wolf Lobo went through the wash?

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
wazu013

Lone Wolf Lobo went through the wash?

Post by wazu013 »

My D/A Lone Wolf Lobo went through nthe wash. I put it in front of a high speed fan for a couple of hours and it is working fine. Do you have any other suggesstions? I know it's not good to over lube the inside mechanism so I don't want to shower it with Water Displacement 40 A.K.A. WD40. have any of you ever done something like this?
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
Ramrod

Re: Lone Wolf Lobo went through the wash?

Post by Ramrod »

Can you blow it out with a compressor, compressed air? Is it still wet? haha
Mark
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Ramrod wrote:Can you blow it out with a compressor, compressed air? Is it still wet? haha
Mark
It seems dry ::tu:: I don't have any canned air left and my compressor is at the shop about 12 miles away. Plus Nascar Qualifying is on TV::shrug:: I always wash regular slip joints with water I just never filled a scale release knife up with it. I'm thinking it will be fine ::nod:: If you nsee me selling it next week stay away from it ::facepalm::
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

wazu013 wrote:My D/A Lone Wolf Lobo went through nthe wash.......... have any of you ever done something like this?
I can't imagine anyone doing that. :roll: But if I ever had done such a thing here's what I'd do.......

If there's a hair dryer (blower type) in the house, put it on the low settng and let it gently blow on the knife for a while, especially down into the bladewell. That should warm the knife and create enough air movement to facilitate the drying process.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
junebug

Post by junebug »

LIKE A CELL PHONE.................put it in a bowl full white RICE................will draw the moisture out of inside ::tu::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

philco wrote:
wazu013 wrote:My D/A Lone Wolf Lobo went through nthe wash.......... have any of you ever done something like this?
I can't imagine anyone doing that. :roll: But if I ever had done such a thing here's what I'd do.......

If there's a hair dryer (blower type) in the house, put it on the low settng and let it gently blow on the knife for a while, especially down into the bladewell. That should warm the knife and create enough air movement to facilitate the drying process.
I wear Carpenter pants and I had a few opther things in the pockets and the Lobo clipped inside the right front pocket. After I dumped all the other stuff out I just tossed my pants in the wash. My wife found it still clipped in the pocket after the wash. It never made it into the dryer. She was so worried about it she brought the pants out to me with the knife clipped in the pocket just to show me I did it :oops: The hair dryer was a great idea. Now I have it stuffed in a drawer with a 5# bag of silica chips.
Thanks,
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

The voice of experience Wazz. ::dang:: Been there, done that.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Wazu013,
I can just about count on learning something new from AAPK each day. I tend to shy away from any thing that's not just a regular old slip joint knife as far as trading or purchasing, so I wondered what all the fuss was about running a knife through the washing machine? Looking up what a Lone Wolf Lobo is told me why ::woot:: ! I can see why you are a little concerned about its' health and well being.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I used the hair dryer then put it in 5 lbs of silica and after a nite in there it's looking and working just fine :) Now it's going to get a touch of Rem oil on the pivot and a fresh coat of Ren Wax.
Thanks for the ideas ::tu::
hogwild

Post by hogwild »

pure grain alcohol, then blow it out or hairdryer. The alcohol will absorb the water, disolve crud and the air will clear it out. Works on guns every time. Gotta watch the finish on some items.

If by chance that doesn't fix it; drink the alcohol and you won't care for quite some time ::ds::
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

hogwild wrote:pure grain alcohol, then blow it out or hairdryer. The alcohol will absorb the water, disolve crud and the air will clear it out. Works on guns every time. Gotta watch the finish on some items.

If by chance that doesn't fix it; drink the alcohol and you won't care for quite some time ::ds::
Great Idea ::super_happy::
Attachments
Medicine.jpg
Medicine.jpg (6.69 KiB) Viewed 423 times

Return to “General Knife Discussion”