Wrangler knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Gr8Scout

Wrangler knives

Post by Gr8Scout »

http://www.wranglerknives.com/index.htm

Anyone handled these? Studying the website, I can't seem to find an answer as to where these are made. Some the company is up front about as being made in Spain. Some others, they make a big deal out of the fancy leather sheath being made in the USA. Some look chinese.

Here is a sharpfinger clone offered to me at $18.

Any opinions, experiences with this brand?
Thanks,
Phil
Attachments
4070034.jpg
jonet143
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jonet143 »

hey phil, found some on ebay. touted german 440 steel. i bet china. is $18 a wholesale price? the folders have that gernese look.
johnnie f 1949

on the cutting edge is sometimes not the place to be.
please support our troops - past and present
if not a member...join the NKCA! they're on our side.
Hukk

Post by Hukk »

jonet143 wrote:hey phil, found some on ebay. touted german 440 steel. i bet china. is $18 a wholesale price? the folders have that gernese look.
I bet it's 440A or some variant, not 440C. ::shrug::
Hukk
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I just sent them an email & asked where their knives are made. We will see what response I get.

Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Gr8Scout

Post by Gr8Scout »

Good idea, Dale.
Yes, Jonet, wholesale price.
Yup, Hukk, that could very well be. "440" covers a lot of group.

Here is another knife they are offering. Wholesale at $32. Who knows, maybe Spain, China, Gemany depending on the model and/or price point.

Thanks guys. Anyone interested in me buying one and doing a passaround? I value no one's opinion more than knife nuts who pull no punches.

Phil
Attachments
4070028.jpg
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Here is the reply I received this morning from the company:

Thanks for your interest. ABKT/Wrangler Knives are made in several countries, including U.S.A., Spain, China (German steel), etc. The quality is very highest possible wherever they are made.

Thanks again for your interest........ABKT,Inc.

Looks like you were right Phil. ::tu::

Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Gr8Scout

Post by Gr8Scout »

Thanks Dale for taking the ball and running with it. I wrote to the company yesterday, asking what country the two knives I show about were made in. The answer was disappointing; China, no I will not be getting those for a passaround. China knives have their place, we have to admit it, but passing one around to use, abuse and report on is not it.

Phil
marcinek

Post by marcinek »

The "Collectible" series may be of interest....just got the Summer AG Russell catalog and the Large Bowie with Beaded Sheath is in there for $350...1095 steel, etched finish, curly maple handle, USA-made,...looks nice.

Checking the web site, the remainder of the Collectibles are made in Spain...the slippies don't really look like anything to write home about...jm
jwegman

Re: Wrangler knives

Post by jwegman »

Just one of the many FROST trade names. Here is a pic of a mini Lock-back I picked up at a second hand store for a few bucks. Turquoise inlay scales. It is pretty.
Wrangler knife.JPG
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Wrangler knives

Post by Madmarco »

jwegman wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:17 am Just one of the many FROST trade names. Here is a pic of a mini Lock-back I picked up at a second hand store for a few bucks. Turquoise inlay scales. It is pretty.Wrangler knife.JPG
Nice n' colorful little folder you have J-man! ::tu:: Cool find, enjoy it! Also, ::welcome:: to AAPK! 8)
8)

Return to “General Knife Discussion”