FS/T: John B. Rand & Co. "Original Bowie"

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
coffeecup

FS/T: John B. Rand & Co. "Original Bowie"

Post by coffeecup »

Blade is marked "ORIGINAL BOWIE KNIFE" along the spine, "JOHN B. RAND & CO." and "sOLINGEN GERMANY" in two lines. Back is marked "81-6".

Scales are slabs of stag, blade is carbon steel with some staining and sharpening marks as well as factory grinding marks. Back of the clip point is not sharpened (I guess this matters in some localities). Blade measures a hair over 6 1/8" long, the knife is 10 5/16" overall.

The sheath is problematic; it is the correct sheath with the Rand stamp and "MADE IN GERMANY" stamped behind the handle, but much of the stitching is loose and the leather is stained and a generally a bit dirty. No cuts at the throat though. Snap is good, rivets are solid but need cleaning; if they were once plated, they aren't any more.

Probably from the 1950s, made in Germany for the Occupation market.

Price is $50 plus $10 shipping (in the US) via USPS Priority. I'll usually trade for early (pre-1950s or so) Westerns or Western SFOs if I don't already have them. I'm also in the market for moose antler tines (I don't really need the palms--just the tines); for some reason I'm not having much luck finding them in Nebraska! :lol:

Thanks for looking!
Jim
hogwild

Re: FS/T: John B. Rand & Co. "Original Bowie"

Post by hogwild »

You have a PM
coffeecup

Re: FS/T: John B. Rand & Co. "Original Bowie"

Post by coffeecup »

Knife is still available.
Quality should not be an accident. So what is the explanation for some of the knives we've seen in the past few years? (from A Knifebuyer's Manifesto)

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”