Help identifying penknife : two arrows crossed within circle

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
benzeh

Help identifying penknife : two arrows crossed within circle

Post by benzeh »

Hi there,

I have recently inherited a knife that has two arrows crossing over each other within a circle. It would mean a great deal to me if someone is able to identify the brand name of the knife, and if possible its age.

Thanks very much in advance, and I hope you can help me!
-tSduq0fn2IYh7RsZacEig+433x325.jpg
-tSduq0fn2IYh7RsZacEig+433x325.jpg (43.41 KiB) Viewed 7465 times
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Help identifying penknife : two arrows crossed within ci

Post by Miller Bro's »

::welcome::

I have one with the same mark, it is made in China.
AAPK Janitor
benzeh

Post by benzeh »

"I have one with the same mark, it is made in China."

Thanks very much for the reply Miller Bro's! I thought it may have been from China :) If possible would you be able to tell me how old the blade is, or if the symbol is rare/common?

Thanks very much and I hope you can help,

Take care, Ben.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

I don't think anyone tracks that kinda data on China knives.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
benzeh

Post by benzeh »

Okay, Thanks very much to both of you, wish you all the best!
damigg

Re: Help identifying penknife : two arrows crossed within circle

Post by damigg »

IMG_20220201_075133 (2).jpg
I got this old knife when some old dude who had collected knives died and then his family asked if local knifestore could sell them and there i found it. It has the same star on blade and even bigger logo on the hande which includes the arrow logo.

Been trying to find info about it but nothing. I found a lot of stuff about those with arrows on the blade but only 1 or 2 pictures with this same logo.
And this has nothing to do with the question but I also found Camillus Becker BK77 Extreme there with a reaaaally low price.
Attachments
nuoli1.jpg
beresman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by beresman »

I believe it was made by China Light Industries. Levine lists them in the 4th edition (1997). I have one which I bought (for cheap!) because of the unusual handle (and because I'm a sucker for Mother of Pearl).
Attachments
IMG_2770.jpeg
Brent
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

benzeh wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:45 am Hi there,

I have recently inherited a knife that has two arrows crossing over each other within a circle. It would mean a great deal to me if someone is able to identify the brand name of the knife, and if possible its age.

Thanks very much in advance, and I hope you can help me!

-tSduq0fn2IYh7RsZacEig+433x325.jpg
Very cool little knife Ben! ::tu:: I don't know anything about it, but I wanted to ::welcome:: you to AAPK! ::handshake:: Keep checking back to this thread and you might get more information! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

damigg wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:45 am nuoli1.jpg
I got this old knife when some old dude who had collected knives died and then his family asked if local knifestore could sell them and there i found it. It has the same star on blade and even bigger logo on the hande which includes the arrow logo.

Been trying to find info about it but nothing. I found a lot of stuff about those with arrows on the blade but only 1 or 2 pictures with this same logo.
And this has nothing to do with the question but I also found Camillus Becker BK77 Extreme there with a reaaaally low price.
I can't offer any info on your knife D., ::shrug:: but I'd like to ::welcome:: you to AAPK all the same! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
damigg

Post by damigg »

beresman wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:56 pm I believe it was made by China Light Industries. Levine lists them in the 4th edition (1997). I have one which I bought (for cheap!) because of the unusual handle (and because I'm a sucker for Mother of Pearl).
I've been searching everywhere, lot of knives with this stamp in google but no info. I'd just wanna know how old it is. Is it just me or does my knifes tang stamp on the blade look a bit different than yours? Obviously same maker but maybe they redid the logo later? Yours looks so much cleaner.
damigg

Post by damigg »

damigg wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:05 pm
beresman wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:56 pm I believe it was made by China Light Industries. Levine lists them in the 4th edition (1997). I have one which I bought (for cheap!) because of the unusual handle (and because I'm a sucker for Mother of Pearl).
I've been searching everywhere, lot of knives with this stamp in google but no info. I'd just wanna know how old it is. Is it just me or does my knifes tang stamp on the blade look a bit different than yours? Obviously same maker but maybe they redid the logo later? Yours looks so much cleaner and it has 3 stripes on the feathers when mine has four. Weird.
beresman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by beresman »

Unfortunately, I know nothing about the dates on these knives; I'm presuming they are post-'70s, but otherwise have no idea.
Brent

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”