buck handmade handle or not

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
missdg

buck handmade handle or not

Post by missdg »

buck1.JPG
buck2.JPG
im thinking this is a homemade handle. As a Buck collector, does this knife have any collectable worth
big monk

Re: buck handmade handle or not

Post by big monk »

Looks like stag,to me ????____some one more into Buck knives should ,be of more help*** Welcome to AAPK ::tu::
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
missdg

Post by missdg »

thanks. it is very thick handle, not smooth...i tried to capture the bulkiness as well, it doesnt have the crest saying buck.... thx for welcome
300Bucks

Post by 300Bucks »

My opinion, from the photos is ....just remembering the saying about opinions......is that it is an 'aftermarket' addition. Back when the Buck factory was in California, they operated a truly Custom Shop. You could just about get any knife modified in an way you wanted. Unless that knife came from that situation, I stand with my opinion of after the fact modification. It does not increase the collectable value any as it appears to be a well used knife. I classify these as 'odd-balls' and pick them up for the collection when I can get them cheap.

300Bucks

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”