Broken Bucks

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Broken Bucks

Post by garddogg56 »

I don't know what it is lately but a month ago I broke the spring on one of my 110's that goes back to mother ::shrug:: but I now have broke the tip off my Buck Quickfire skinning out a piece of armored cable this one is my fault :oops: 38 years in the trades and allways using Bucks Now I have broken two :roll: in a month sooo I am so amazed I was wondering if any of you guys have a broken Buck story or a picture :(
Attachments
100_0785.jpg
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Broken Bucks

Post by jerryd6818 »

Looking for company dogg? Yep. I broke the tip off my Buck 055. I was repairing a chair for a neighbor and did something stupid (using my knife for a pry bar instead of grabbing a screwdriver). I had re-profiled the blade but it just wasn't the same so I recently sent it to Buck to get the blade replaced. They charge $10 for a blade replacement. It's not back yet.
Attachments
Buck 055 Repaired.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

That doesn't look to bad Jerry but I know what ya mean just never the same ::shrug::
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

I got the nerve and reprofiled the blade on the Quickfire ::shrug:: I wanted the tip a little beefier so here's what I got.
Attachments
100_0795.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Looks to me like you did a good job, dogg. As long as you're happy, that's all that counts.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

garddogg, now you got a drop point. Whats not to like. Good job.
Joe
trail

Post by trail »

Yes, I like that drop-point Buck a lot. And why do you break knives? Because you use them. That's something to be proud of in this world. Just carrying a knife at all sets us apart, but heck, even us carriers mostly just use them to spread cream cheese on a bagel. So I'd say that Buck carries honorable scars, not that it is broken.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Here is a Buck 119 that I spotted in the bottom of my guides boat while duck hunting in Arkansas three weeks ago. I kicked some junk out of the way so I could sit down and there it was! Garddogg, I'm not so sure you didn't improve the design of that knife - Buck might be able to market that change as a new model.

Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Thanx guys ,that Quickfire is a knife I got in 2010 didn't like in in pocket so I put it on a spare tool-pouch ::shrug:: Old hunter ;I know it's an improvement I never liked the old tip it looked weak and it was :) also it's amazing where old Bucks show up..
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

This is a short thread ::shrug:: not many people breaking Bucks ya gut ta work em hard I know most construction workers in the Great Northeast use Bucks :lol: :lol: A lot of Logger up here use em, also ya see a lot of old USA Schrades still in service ::nod:: not many pretty boy knives except on Sundays.
harryekarmun

Post by harryekarmun »

IMG_20211208_143720.jpg
a pawn shop 470 broken tip . i reground it to a tanto besh wedge
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Old Hunter wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:08 am Here is a Buck 119 that I spotted in the bottom of my guides boat while duck hunting in Arkansas three weeks ago. I kicked some junk out of the way so I could sit down and there it was!
The broken links I find in my old posts are numerous. I like Bryan's current method of embedding the photos on his server much better - restoring my picture to this thread. OH
Attachments
Buck 119 - Arkansas.JPG
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”