What say ye?

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
timgreene48

What say ye?

Post by timgreene48 »

I've had this xx folding hunter for some time now and have always wondered if this would be considered red stag? The pile side scales are a knarly bark stag and completely different from the shield side. In Steve Pfeiffer's book, there is a knife very similar to mine labeled as red stag, but I'm wondering, does the mismatched stag negate it from being true "red stag"? What say ye?
Attachments
063.JPG
065.JPG
066.JPG
jvoyles88

Re: What say ye?

Post by jvoyles88 »

i love that knife
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Does it show a model number?
timgreene48

Post by timgreene48 »

Yes Elvis, It's a 5265 sab. I have showed this knife to a couple of collectors who I respect, both were a bit put off by the bark stag on the reverse, stating that they would not consider it to be a "true" red stag knife. Most red stags that I see in books are burnt stags with a reddish tint. It really makes me wonder what process was used to create this type of scale? I'm open to any and all opinions. Thanks, Tim

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”