Father Gets Even with Daughter

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
tjmurphy

Father Gets Even with Daughter

Post by tjmurphy »

"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Father Gets Even with Daughter

Post by garddogg56 »

::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: WOW TJ ::groove:: AS a father that just sent his last two sons to college booooy can I relate to that...
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
chetr1200c

Post by chetr1200c »

sorry you guys. but i think that was a very dangerous message. i wonder just where that girl got her mean streak from....i highly doubt she will learn anything good from this. this lesson was the absolute wrong approach. kids are well known for retaliation.
parenting is tough, very tough. but a gun for a solution????? he should have smashed it over that chair he was sitting on.
i am a member of the nra. another thing that bothers me also about his actions, is that he fired 8 rounds in an open field with traffic going by in the background and with buildings in plain sight.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I saw this on MSN today and have mixed feelings. I'd love to shoot my work PC sometimes but then they would come and slap the chrome bracelets on me. :(

I think kids need their parents to set boundaries, establish discipline and teach them values and right from wrong. There is no substitute for good parenting. Does shooting a laptop accomplish this? I think not. With firearms safety, the first lesson is whatever you point a firearm at will die; it will be gone forever.

Are there metaphors in what the Dad did? I think so and it is not pleasant. He possibly conveyed the wrong message in my opinion. I say this as a firearm safety advocate. Just my opinion.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Aside from whether there is or is not a firearm safety issue here, which there may be, (cameras can make things appear much closer or further than they are); I was intrigued by the videos posted by young people in response to this video.

I watched about 5 such videos posted by young people roughly his daughter’s age, most of them still in high school. What I found amazing was that these young people were unanimously and enthusiastically supportive of the father and his actions! One boy said, “She is lucky to have a father who obviously loves her so much!”

Two or three kids mentioned they have chores to do, even more than the daughter actually has to do, but they are happy to help their parents with chores. Most all of the young people mentioned they thought the daughter was spoiled and did not realize how good she really has things!

I was surprised by the intensity of their support for the dad and passion with which they criticized the daughter! It renewed my faith in this younger generation. I was even more surprised that these kids really seemed to respect the dad for the actions he took.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Ramrod

Post by Ramrod »

While I dont really relate to that parenting style, I DO relate to putting a couple rounds in this computer at times. ::cr::
Mark
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Here is an updated response from the father and how things are working out for them.
http://www.litefm.com/pages/news-story. ... le=9744152
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”