Finally Bought a Fight'n Rooster

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
zippofan

Finally Bought a Fight'n Rooster

Post by zippofan »

I came across Fight'n Rooster knives while on a well known dealer site and loved 'em but most were pearl and I like to use my knives, I have too many collection cases of other stuff (like Zippos) already. I was surfing around the big auction place over the weekend looking for bone or acrylic and found a stockman with a handle that I couldn't resist so I snagged it today. ::ds::
I did a little research, even Fight'n Rooster doesn't have a name for the handle color, but it reminds me of something I've seen before, I just can't put my finger on what! As a new model color the company had a contest to name it but I couldn't find the name anywhere. It's like a tan varigated pattern, but so cool I had to get it, especially since I don't have a regular stockman yet, just a Utica premium with a Turkish clip,

Bunch of enablers on these forums I tell ya... :lol:
jfarmer

Re: Finally Bought a Fight'n Rooster

Post by jfarmer »

Thanks Griff 8) It shipped out this afternoon.

James
zippofan

Post by zippofan »

I'm psyched!
Up until I found this site the only knives I knew about were Case, Buck, Victorinox/Wenger and my old Imperial Barlow. Now I've got a few of the new tacticals (Kershaw, CRKT, Spyderco) but love the slipjoints the best. So far AAPK has introduced me to GEC, Canal Street, Boker, Hen and Rooster and now Fight'n Rooster.

My wife is not amused :mrgreen:

Thanks James!
jfarmer

Post by jfarmer »

Up until about 10 years ago I was the same way. Case and Schrade was pretty much all I'd ever heard of. It's fun and interesting to discover pocket knives you've never heard of isn't it?

James
zippofan

Post by zippofan »

It is fun, but not for my bank account :wink:

Almost forgot Queen and Schatt and Morgan too. As a longtime Zippo collector I made a trip out to Bradford a number of years ago and grabbed a bunch at the Zippo/Case Museum. At the time I was solely collecting Zippos, there were no Case/Zippo sets that I wanted then.

One of these days I'm going to take another trip out Route 6 and stop in Titusville too... ::tu::

Now I have to take some pics of my knives, and I can't wait to see how that Rooster looks in the sunshine and fits in my pocket. She'll be going to some Scouting events for sure!

Return to “European-made knives”