lewisburg knife show

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
chetr1200c

lewisburg knife show

Post by chetr1200c »

anyone going to the show this. i will be there. unfortunately not much money this time. but i'll still go, wild horses can't keep me away.

::ds:: ::tu::
knifegirl888

Re: lewisburg knife show

Post by knifegirl888 »

Bret & I will be there. :)
"Making miracles is hard work, most people give up before they happen." - Sheryl Crow
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Does anyone know how many tables this show typically has?
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
chetr1200c

Post by chetr1200c »

last year they had 2 rooms, but i think that was unusual for them. i don't think they got the room that they wanted initially. my guesstimate is that there was as many as the queen show had for the 2nd day.

kathy, i'll be looking for you and brett. :D
take a jaunt down steve ::tu::
vikingdog

Post by vikingdog »

I'll be there bright and early on Saturday.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." Ogden Nash

My traditional Nordic knife blog: http://nordiskaknivar.wordpress.com/

Mike
wlf

Post by wlf »

Lewisburg,?
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
vikingdog

Post by vikingdog »

Feb 25 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Feb 26 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
24th Annual Keystone Blade Association Show at Country Cupboard Inn, Lewisburg PA four miles south of Interstate 80. Contact Marlyn Kepner 570 584 4835 or stetson718@gmail.com.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." Ogden Nash

My traditional Nordic knife blog: http://nordiskaknivar.wordpress.com/

Mike
Sauconian

Post by Sauconian »

Looks like Rusty1 and I will be there Saturday A.M. ::ds::

Looking forward to meeting a few more members and seeing others again.
Mike ? 'Ya gonna make it this year ? .

Fran
If it's meant for me to have it, it'll still be there.
knifegirl888

Post by knifegirl888 »

Bret & I will be there both days. Don't be afraid to say hello if you see us! Here is a picture that was taken at the Queen show last year of Bret, me, Tyler, & Charlie (upnorth).
Attachments
Bret, Kathy, Tyler, & Charlie.jpg
"Making miracles is hard work, most people give up before they happen." - Sheryl Crow
mikek

Post by mikek »

Sauconian wrote:Looks like Rusty1 and I will be there Saturday A.M. ::ds::

Looking forward to meeting a few more members and seeing others again.
Mike ? 'Ya gonna make it this year ? .

Fran
No Fran,its the first day of my two week vacation but I do plan on going to the Dalton GA. show in March. You and Rusty have a good time. Mikek
I pay extra for patina
bigden

Post by bigden »

Hey guys. Bigen and his nephew Ron and girls will be there. See you there Chet-knifegirl and all you other fellow aapkers. Here I am happy as a lark
Attachments
270.JPG
chetr1200c

Post by chetr1200c »

because of the gas prices and distance. i will only be able to make it for sunday. my son will tag along again. hope to see some of the aapk gang then.
chet
knifegirl888

Post by knifegirl888 »

Bret, Tyler & I had a great time at the show. On Saturday, I got to meet Sauconian (Fran), Rusty1, and a member of another forum 1fartsmella (Barry) and his friend Frank. I got to talk to Big Den & his nephew Ron also. We had a good time talking knives & I was very excited that Fran had brought some of his PA beauties to show me. His collection of knives are in unbelievable condition! It was a treat to be able to see them.

Sunday, we saw Chet & had a good time talking knives & seeing a few of his EZ openers. It's always great to talk with forum members.

Again, we came home broke, just like last year... lol It is a show that we save up for though. I put a group shot together of some of the things we found & the last two wouldn't fit on the scan. The Ka-Bar Hobo has a small chip from the front handle :( Otherwise, it looks almost new.
Attachments
Lewisburg knife show 2012.jpg
Ka-Bar Hobo with box.jpg
Joseph Rodgers Stag.jpg
singin46

Post by singin46 »

Wow, looks like you guys made a nice haul Kathy! ::tu:: ::tu::
Love all Jacks
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Kathy, tell me about that big Tryon. It looks like a double-ended jack from your scan.

That bone looks a lot like old Robeson bone.

The frame, if the right size, looks like a Robeson 037 big cigar.

You guys did well. That little Art Deco Robeson is cute. The pearl Robeson looks nice.

All the others look good, too.

No wonder you left the show broke.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
knifegirl888

Post by knifegirl888 »

Charlie,

Here are the pictures of the Tryon. I can't seem to get my scanner to pick up the etch on the blade. It says Warrented 3/T Cutlery.

I am still getting the single scans of the knives. The pearl Robeson has awesome blades...it just some black marks but seems unused. I bought all three Robeson's and the Continental from a man named Deano. He said he has been a Robeson collector for years and knew of you. He said he had written a couple of knife articles in Knife World. I remember he mentioned he wrote an article on Scout knives. He was really a nice man. I didn't buy the Tryon from him, so he wouldn't have seen it.

I wasn't sure who might have made the Tryon, but I know I love it!

Thanks, Kathy
Attachments
E.K. Tryon Philadelphia PA.jpg
E.K. Tryon Philadelphia PA1.jpg
E.K. Tryon Philadelphia PA2.jpg
E.K. Tryon etch.jpg
RobesonsRme.com

That would be Dino Bakeris. He lives in Maryland, I believe. We have been internet friends for years. We arranged to meet each other at the Oregon Knife Show in April, 2001, then again at an NKCA show in Louisville later.

He was at the Blade Show year before last, when several AAPK people, myself included, met there.

He's been selling off his Robeson collection. I bought some Terrier items from him a year or so ago. He's had some really good stuff in the past.

Stay away from his Robeson "carriage" multi-blade though. ::td::

How long is the Tryon?

Beautiful knife, that.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
knifegirl888

Post by knifegirl888 »

Charlie,

If I am reading the ruler right, it's 3 7/8's. The ruler is at the bottom of the picture.

I do believe Dino did live in Maryland. He actually gave me a great deal on the four of those knives. :)
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Good times!! Good knives!

Thanks for the updates Kathy!! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
RobesonsRme.com

Ruler? Ruler?

What ruler?

Duh....

Dino gave me a fabulous deal, "for old time sakes", on four Terrier items.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
knifegirl888

Post by knifegirl888 »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:Ruler? Ruler?

What ruler?

Duh....

Dino gave me a fabulous deal, "for old time sakes", on four Terrier items.

Charlie Noyes

I hope I didn't sound flip... I really don't read the ruler well at times. Fractions can confuse me! ::dang:: :lol:
chetr1200c

Post by chetr1200c »

i've been a contrator all my life, and one guy who wanted to work with me and my brother, altho he was a good friend, he couldn't read the tape measure. instead of 3 5/8's he would say 3 and 6 small lines. :shock: couldn't hit the head on a nail with any consistency either. ::facepalm:: so we had to let him go.
kathy it was very nice to have seen you again, along with brett and your son tyler. there is another pa show in 3 weeks, i posted it on the calander of events, but i don't think you will make that one., too far for you guys to travel. i try and make their two shows each each year, the other will be in sept. its the eastern pa. knife collectors association. they are located near easton pa.
anyways, i enjoyed looking at some of the knives brett showed me, very nice collection indeed. also those 4 you bought when i first bumped into you. those two robeson pen knives were awesome.
i picked up another four easy's, two robesons, a keen kutter, and a circa 1950's pal with one of their big spear blades in near full condition except for the very tip snapped off. i already reprofiled it and it looks like near mint.
too bad i didn't make it for the saturday show. maybe next time i will do the two days just to meet up with more people. sunday, the people were scarce and some vendors didn't even return for the second day, including dennis. i would have loved to see him again.
Bret888

Post by Bret888 »

We had a great time at the show, and didn't quite come home broke. I had 4 bills left. (not $400, it was a $20 and 3 $1's) Chet and I talked, and looked at knives outside Sunday, until we were shivering. Saturday, we talked to Fran, Barry, Geno, and Pierre. I bought the Holley and the A.F. Bannister from Pierre. We never did see Vikingdog or Galvanic.
I got a call last night, that I won the engraved Case 6111 1/2 in the clubs raffle too!
chetr1200c

Post by chetr1200c »

congrats brett.. u da best ::tu:: ::tu::
Bret888

Post by Bret888 »

Thanks Chet!

Return to “General Knife Discussion”