Boker “Old Stag” Congress Springs Needed

Stop in hear to look for parts, parts knives, tools, materials, and other items for knife making & repair. Post pictures and descriptions of your extra stuff, ask if anyone has something you're looking to find and more.
judewhopper

Boker “Old Stag” Congress Springs Needed

Post by judewhopper »

I just bought a knife on ebay and the guy wrote me and said he noticed some little parts
missing on the bottom of the knife but ebay wouldn’t let him add it because it already had
bids on it or something, He said “Maybe that’s why the blades are all so loose”. ::dang:: ::shrug:: ::woot::

Anyway, I have to deccide if I should let him keep it, buy it for junk or find some springs.
Or buy it for junk AND find some srings. I’m not paying full price but I really like the
knife and would like to fix it.

Does anyone have a junker laying around with springs in it? I’ll pay for them or have Bob
come over and mow your grass - however you want to do it.

Thanks,
Danny
rangerbluedog

Re: Boker “Old Stag” Congress Springs Needed

Post by rangerbluedog »

Hey Danny,
I don't have one, but hopefully I bring tidings of great joy.
The olde stag congress (pattern number 70113) is the same pattern as all Boker's other 3 1/2" congress knives with stepped bolsters. (pattern number 6113).
That can broaden the spare parts pool for you.
Good luck, I hope you find one!
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
judewhopper

Post by judewhopper »

Thanks Blue,

That does help some but I thought the Old Stag was the only one of it's kind. I wish I still had one here to look at to get my mind straight. Do you or anyone know if the spring is the same shape as the stepped bolsters? I think, anyway, that I know what you mean by stepped bolsters. They have a huge bolster with two differerent diameters but not really diameters. If I remember correctly they are kinda square. Wish I had something I could just punch in the name and bring up a few pictures. I'll look around.

THANKS!
Danny
judewhopper

Post by judewhopper »

Boker Congress Old Stag 09.JPG
Just in case anyone doesnt know what an old stag is. Here is a picture of the 70113 that I wish I still had and was trying to get again. The new one ain't this purdy though.

BokerCongressWatch001b.JPG
I just bought another of these beauties also and just like it's predecessor it's missing the loathed yet sought after long shield. I made this one from the back of a pocket watch but that is too hard on the fingertips. I think the next one will just get a pearl inlay.

To refresh everyone's memory. Boker had a ton of these long shields and someone was scratching their head one day wondering what to do with them all so they made another run of this knife and used them all up. Every one. Not all but 4. Not all but 3. Not all but 2. Every single one and have no plans to make any more. I can buy this knife all over ebay for $59 and get me a shield if I want. As an added bonus it makes my old ones worth even... well, less. There is a brand new one right beside it with the shield in it.

$%^&^%$#$#$***&^!!!
Danny
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

Here's one with a BIN price of $8 + $2 shipping!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOKER-U-S-A-OLD ... 3a6d607024
Lemme know if you don't buy it, cause I'm gonna ... :)
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
judewhopper

Post by judewhopper »

rangerbluedog wrote:Here's one with a BIN price of $8 + $2 shipping!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOKER-U-S-A-OLD ... 3a6d607024
Lemme know if you don't buy it, cause I'm gonna ... :)
Thanks Blue, You can try but that knife is gone. I'd still like to find some springs and fix them both up.

So don't let this thread die just yet. I will use the springs if I can't find anything else but actually not much difference in the two knives. Seems like a waste.

Danny

Return to “Knife Mechanic's Swap Forum”