How much she worth???

In 1911, H. N. Platts, was able to draw on his extensive friendships and family connections in the cutlery world to start Western States Cutlery and Manufacturing of Boulder Colorado. At first only a jobbing business, by 1920 construction and machinery purchases were underway to begin manufacture of knives. Through name changes--to Western States Cutlery Co. in 1953, then Western Cutlery Co. in 1956--and moves first across town and later to Longmont Colorado, the company stayed under the leadership of the Platt family until 1984. In that year, the company was sold to Coleman, becoming Coleman-Western. Eventually purchased by Camillus in 1991, Western continued until Camillus expired in 2007.
knives-are-quiet

How much she worth???

Post by knives-are-quiet »

I'm trying to get rid of some of my collection.
Mostly knives I never use.
I'm looking for a "ball park" range to what this Western W77 Boot Dagger would be worth?
I bought this knife in the early 90's.
Never used it or sharpened it. Just today is the first time I wiped it down. It's been in my top dresser drawer for 30 years. I forgot I even had it.
The leather on the sheath is in good shape considering I never conditioned it.
I can't remember how much it cost back then.
Any help with an estimated price would be appreciated.
I need to know whether I should put a reserve on it when I place it up for bid's on the eBay.
It's also the only knife I own made by Western.

Thanks~

J W

basser5

Re: How much she worth???

Post by basser5 »

Ebay completed auctions range from $40-$70. IMO a reserve kills an auction.

Tim
My name is Tim and i'm a stagoholic.

Return to “Western Cutlery Collector's Forum”