Case stag stockman

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
JEARL

Case stag stockman

Post by JEARL »

I was interested in this knife, but the more I study it the more I think it is a counterfeit. Just wondering what everyone thoughts are on this one. Ebay item # 290610522909

Thanks Jeff
Owd Wullie

Re: Case stag stockman

Post by Owd Wullie »

Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

I don't know how real it is, but he wants $100 from the jump and you get 3 pictures, two of them look like they were taken in dishwater.
Joe
big monk

Post by big monk »

I don't see that "'Tang Stamp"" in any of my Case,reference books ???? and have never seen it on a Case knife ??? ::uc::
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
chetr1200c

Post by chetr1200c »

the book on counterfeiting by gerald witcher, page 122, it shows that stamp was used. circa 1908-11. now that shield usally came with raised letters. maybe somebody can comment on that.
but for 100 yrs old, that knife looks minty....but the way rogers54 sells his knives, anything is possible. could even be one of his cleaned up case knives.
Sanders Knives

Post by Sanders Knives »

It's 100% fake. No doubt about it. I'm also 100% certain that Bob (rogers54) had nothing to do with it. Most likely made out of parts in Louisville.
chetr1200c

Post by chetr1200c »

i am in no way shape or form questioning rogers 54 knives. i am always amazed at the pristine condition they are in after he does his magic. that is why i said anything is possible when you do see an old knife looking like that way..
MrBlister

Post by MrBlister »

I emailed the seller when he listed it...
Suggesting it was as FAKE as Oprahs' Jenny Craig Plan..
msteele6

Post by msteele6 »

As far as the shield is concerned, it's the most authentic looking (notice I said "looking") part of the knife to me. The letters on that shield were not generally raised in my experience, I own three knives with that shield and all of them have the letters stamped into the shield rather than raised. I almost always see that particular shield on small knives, I can never remember seeing one on a knife as large as the one in this post.
chetr1200c

Post by chetr1200c »

i kinda figured the shield wasn't really out of place. knew someone would come up with the answer to that shield. so then the shield and the stamp are both case trademarks.
so then, for my untrained eye, what is so out of place with this knife that it is called 100% fake?
bonehead

Post by bonehead »

I've seen this tang stamp configuration. But its quite clear this stamp is modern

BH
Bonehead

America's 'FINEST' Vintage Cutlery
MrBlister

Post by MrBlister »

Dear cfaughn,

i see you have chosen to complete the sale of this fraudulent knife.. Im sure youve rec 100's of email like mine. Your knife was widely discussed online by CASE PROS, and was unanimously called FAKE.. that knife needs to be thrown away , soas to NOT coninue the charade.. see link .. I'll continue to consider whether to report you and this auction to ebay. http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... 17&t=25636

- willie_reemer

Dear willie_reemer,

no willie reemer you are the only one that has said its fake,i sent you a question the other day as to why this is a fake knife and received no answer from you and if you dont like the knife dont bid on it and you can rest assured that this knife will not be thrown away i have already been offered $500 for this knife.

- cfaughn
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I thought Case mfg made farm equipment ::shrug::
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Dear willie_reemer,

no willie reemer you are the only one that has said its fake,i sent you a question the other day as to why this is a fake knife and received no answer from you and if you dont like the knife dont bid on it and you can rest assured that this knife will not be thrown away i have already been offered $500 for this knife.

- cfaughn
That is where two fools met, one for offering and one for not accepting.

I figger that statement was BS as the knife just sold for $202.49. ::disgust::

Yes CASE MFG makes ag equipment and construction equipment. ::nod::
Attachments
FAKE STAG CASE.jpg
FAKE STAG CASE.jpg (39.42 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
FAKE CASE STAG2.jpg
FAKE CASE STAG3.jpg
FAKE CASE STAG3.jpg (33.63 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

Maybe it's the RARE Case Tractor Knife - only one made ::shrug:: ::facepalm::
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

tjmurphy wrote:Maybe it's the RARE Case Tractor Knife - only one made ::shrug:: ::facepalm::
Case MFG manure knife? ::woot::
Sanders Knives

Post by Sanders Knives »

Now he has another one for sale. Case Tested 5347 stockman made by the same person that made the Case MFG..... http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-CASE-ST ... 43a9d287c5
Sanders Knives

Post by Sanders Knives »

I just sent him this message....

Dear cfaughn,

This knife is a complete fake. Also the Case MFG you recently sold was a fake. Thought you might want to know....Steve

- casey17abc
msteele6

Post by msteele6 »

Sanders Knives,

I started a new thread with the knife you posted above before I realized you were referring to it. Sorry about that, didn't mean to step on your post.

Mark Steele
Knife Nut
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Knife Nut »

No offense to the wildcat nation, but why do so many of these fakes come out of the Kentucky Commonwealth? ::dang::

Paul
JEARL

Post by JEARL »

Hey Paul I wonder that myself, everytime there is a fake case, stag handle on ebay you can bet its from the blue grass state. I go to alot of flea markets and have only found 1 case knife that was fake in eastern Ky. I would say its a few people selling on ebay, that way the dont feel as guilty about ripping people off. They dont have to look at them face to face. I will be going Court Days in Mt. Sterling Ky this fall I will have my loupe and will be looking out for these knives. Cant wait.

Jeff

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”